The gorgeous daughter of Billy Joel and Christy Brinkley, Alexa Ray Joel graces the cover for the December issue of New York Resident Magazine. From the cover, it’s easy to see that the stunning 27-year-old is beyond ready to step out from the shadows of her famous parents and has begun her own singing career appearing on the Today Show on Tuesday signing her own rendition of “Santa Baby”. On Friday, Dec. 27, The Makeup Examiner caught up with celebrity hairstylist Angelo David Pisacreta, who shared the “how-to” of Alexa’s look!
While the styles of uptown girls and downtown girls may clash (Daddy Joel even wrote a song about it!), there is one trend every girl can agree on … the desire for beautiful, flowing hair. Angelo David Pisacreta of New York City’s Angelo David Salon crafted a chic style on "uptown-turned-downtown" girl Alexa Ray for the December cover of New York Resident Magazine. Now, he is sharing his beauty tips to get Alexa’s exact look at home for glamorous tresses no matter where you live.
How To Get the Look:
- Begin by using a volumizing shampoo and conditioner like VOL Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner.
- Next, to create volume and texture, use a volumizing spray and spray all-over hair from the roots to the shaft.
- Then, with a large round brush, blowdry the hair in sections, then go over the sections with a 2-inch curling iron, pin and let hair cool.
- Run your fingers through hair to break the curls and style into place.
- To finish the look, use a medium hold hairspray.
- To add more glamour to your look, Angelo suggests adding a row of Angelo David Couture Hair Extensions.
Remember lovelies -- Ugly is not a physical flaw, but is of one’s character … choose beautiful!
This author writes other columns. To view other topics from this author, visit the author’s page. ©2013 Yvonne P. Mazzulo, a.k.a., The Makeup Examiner. All rights reserved. Connect with Yvonne P. Mazzulo on Twitter, Facebook, and Google Plus.