Hiring Event Details
Store Associates - May lead to Shift Manager
$12.00 - $16.25
Monday, February 17, 2014
7am - 1pm and 3pm-6pm
2348 Ardmore Blvd.
Forest Hills, PA 15221
For consideration, please apply in person at the hiring event only. Get started now by downloading our Store Employment Application.
If you are a customer service minded individual with a positive and energetic personality and you’re interested in working for one of the best-known grocery stores in the nation, join the ALDI family! We are looking for motivated and reliable individuals to serve as Cashiers. You will serve as the face of ALDI, providing customers with friendly and efficient check-out services. But that’s just the beginning. You will also assist the store manager in a variety of roles, from stocking and merchandising our products to monitoring inventory and keeping the store looking clean and inviting. This is also an excellent ground-floor opportunity for you if you are interested in pursuing a management career, as we prefer to promote from within whenever possible. If you are a people person who likes to roll up your sleeves and put in a good day’s work, we want to talk with you!
As a Store Associate, you will be involved in all aspects of keeping the store looking and functioning at its best. First and foremost, of course, you will keep your checkout line moving as quickly and smoothly as possible while ensuring that customers have a pleasant and positive shopping experience. In addition, you will have a variety of other duties throughout the store, which you will perform on an as-needed basis.
Your specific duties as a Store Associate will include:
- Providing friendly and informative customer service
- Ringing up customers quickly, efficiently, and with a smile
- Maintaining professional appearance and demeanor at all times
- Making a positive impression on customers to encourage word-of-mouth referrals
- Scanning products
- Conducting cash and inventory control
- Maintaining displays and ensuring that they are kept stocked and up to company standards
- Loading and unloading delivery trucks
- Rotating stock
- Keeping the store clean (floors, registers, bathrooms, etc.)
As a Store Associate, you must have a positive attitude, a friendly demeanor and a solid work ethic. It is also important that you display excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to have fun interacting with a wide variety of people. If you don’t mind moving fast, working hard and providing service with a smile, this is the job for you!
Specific qualifications for the Store Associate position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 18 years of age or older
- Ability to work a flexible retail schedule including evenings and weekends with availability between 6 am-11 pm
- Solid teamwork skills
- Willingness to learn quickly
- Ability to handle and sell alcoholic beverages as required and to meet state and local requirements for the handling and selling of alcoholic beverages
- Ability to stock merchandise weighing up to 45 lbs
- Ability to successfully complete drug screening and background checks
- Retail experience, preferred
- Experience as a server at a busy restaurant, a plus
As a Store Associate with ALDI, you will be part of an established and growing organization with a great reputation for providing the highest quality food at the lowest possible prices. Our tight-knit family atmosphere can’t be beat, and you will find that you will have plenty of team support as you grow into your role. You will receive 75 hours of paid training and mentoring over the first month of employment to ensure your success with us, and our hire-from-within policy means that you’ll have plenty of opportunities to advance to Shift Manager and beyond. We also pride ourselves in paying our employees higher than the market average and providing great benefits.
As a Store Associate working more than 20 hours per week, you will receive:
Major medical and dental insurance
Short- and long-term disability
Generous vacation time
- Informing Job Seekers
- Sarammi Inc. Recruiting, Sourcing and Job Search Mentoring
- Job Searching Strategies
- Pittsburgh’s Ultimate Career Connection on Facebook
Resume Writing EBook
Straight Talk from a Recruiter: Resume Writing Strategies and Easy To Follow Techniques