The Bimbo Bakeries companies have voluntary recalled a number of breads and buns due to possible flexible wire in the products. The possibility of wire was caused by a faulty screen at a third party flour mill.
This recall is for products that may be in consumers’ homes. No products currently on retail shelves are affected.
The recalled products are listed below; those sold in Illinois are highlighted.
Best By dates prior to and including Feb. 17
- Sara Lee Multi-Grain Thin Style Buns - CA only
Best By dates prior to and including Feb. 20
- Aldi L’Oven Fresh Hearty 12 Grain – AR, CT, DC, IL, IA, KS, MD, MA, MN, MO, NE, NH, NJ, NY, NC, OK, PA, RI, SC, TX, VA, VT, WI, WV
- Arnold Dutch Country 100% Whole Grain - AL, FL, GA, KY, MS, NC, SC, TN, VA, WV
- Arnold Healthful 45 Calories Per Slice Multigrain - DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
- Brownberry Dutch Country 100% Whole Grain - IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, ND, OH, PA, SD, WI, WV
- Brownberry Grains & More Double Protein - IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, OH, PA, ND. SD, WI, WV
- Brownberry Healthfull 45 Calories Per Slice Multigrain - IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, ND, OH, PA, SD, WI, WV
- Brownberry Healthfull Nutty Grain - IA, IL, IN, KY, MI, MN, MO, ND, OH, PA, SD, WI, WV
- Earthgrains 12 Grain Natural Bread – All States
- Farm Bread All Natural Multi-Grain - UT
- Harmons 100% Multi-Grain Wide Pan Oven-Baked Bread - UT
- Sara Lee 12 Grain Bread Hearty & Delicious – All States
- Stroehmann Dutch Country 100% Whole Grain - DC, DE, MD, NJ, NY, PA, VA, WV
Consumers with the recalled products can return them to the store where purchased for a full refund. For additional information, contact the company at 1-800-984-0989.
If you would like to be notified when Coach Ken publishes an article, click "subscribe" above the article. You can also read his health answers and blog on Sharecare.com, view his Wellness Blog, follow him on Twitter, and find him on Facebook. Coach Ken is also the Milwaukee Triathlon Examiner.