"That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defense of himself and the State." Alabama State Constitution Article 1, Section 26
It is undeniable that the free citizens of the great State of Alabama have a right to bear the arms of their choosing. Alabama with it's sensible gun laws enjoys a crime rate much lower than those with draconian gun control failures. This is proof positive that gun control is a failure because criminals,hence their name don't obey laws. The Socialist Obama Administration would punish the law abiding citizens of Alabama to advance it's illegitimate agenda of civilian disarmament.
The Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution to even the moderately educated is clear and concise. Misconstruing it takes diligent effort coupled with intent or just blatant ignorance. It says what it means and means what it says......the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed upon. President Obama with his delusions of Socialist grandeur just doesn't care about trivial things like the Constitution. He never lets a tragedy go to waste or such a passe' thing like the Constitution stand in his way of capitalizing upon it.
"If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsel or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand which feeds you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were ever our countrymen." Samuel Adams
Important words, in a time, when President Obama shows nothing but disregard for the U.S. Constitution, America in general, and the American way of life. We cannot stand idly by as rights purchased by the blood, sweat, and tears of patriots throughout our history are taken away. Alabamians should be spurred to action by any attempt to relegate their Second Amendment rights to the scrap heap of history. Choose freedom over Progressive servitude. Shake off the chains he is attempting to bind you with Alabama. Join with your fellow Alabamians and Americans in standing fast for liberty.
Liberty- freedom from restraint in the exercise of natural rights and priveleges, which is at all times supported by force to sustain it. Free men are armed while subjects are denied that right. Why do we choose to exercise our Second Amendment?
- Citizens having tasted freedom want to maintain their God given liberty.
- Law abiding citizens are under a constant threat from those who have no regard for the law, society, or human life-criminals.
- Law enforcement has admitted it cannot protect us nor are they obligated to. Self-defense therefore is imperative to our survival.
- Armed citizens being properly trained are a ready reserve for law enforcement, if needed. Our communities and neighbors are important to us.
- The Second Amendment provides a check (as the Founders intended) on those sworn to uphold the Constitution. "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect every one who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but down-right force. Whenever you give up that force, you are ruined." Patrick Henry
- Firearms are the palladium [guardian] of liberty and the cornerstone of all our liberties. If the Second Amendment goes, so goes freedom as we know it.
- A free state without armed citizens soons devolves into tyranny. History is full of examples of where this slippery slope leads.
- We understand and exercise our rights as found in both the Constitution of the United States and the Constitution of the State of Alabama. Rights not exercised are rights soon lost.
- We wish to deter power hungry politicians.
- We need our firearms as protection from abuse by misguided public officials.
President Obama is continuing the fallacy of the Clinton era "Assault Weapons" ban. The New American magazine article; Bonfire of the Vanities for June 13, 1994 revealed the lies, sleight of hand, and baseless propaganda used to vilify and demonize gun owners. Even then the mis-named scary rifles were in the least used category of firearms used in violent crimes. ATF reports in 1994 only noted one assault weapon trace for every 4,000 violent crimes reported. Like Hitler said tell a lie long enough and loud enough it will be accepted as the truth.
The State of Alabama needs to reaffirm the Bill of Rights. Our leaders need to stand in the gap against those who intentionally misconstrue the Second Amendment. Montgomery should stand fast in opposing any attempts to abrogate our rights or erode our freedoms. The Founding Fathers should be the final authority, not the Socialist radical currently occupying the Oval Office.
Montgomery should look to the Hanford Initiative, as proposed by The Second Amendment Committee in Hanford, CA, as a model for a "Second Amendment Reaffirmation Act for Alabama." It would:
- Reaffirm the right of the people to keep and bear arms, individually and collectively, as an inalienable, inherent, and natural right, acknowledged in the common law, confirmed in the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and secured by Article 1, Section 26 of the Constitution of Alabama. The full and necessary exercise , affilaited activity, and benefits of this right are herein reaffirmed, guaqranteed, and protected hereby from all infringements.
- Declaration of Interpretation- For purposes of clarification, and to prevent misconstruing (intentional or not), the right shall be interpreted so as to coincide and adhere to the reasonings and discourses made in behalf of the Second Amendment by the nation's founders who authored or otherwise contributed to the amendments formation, and so as to conform to the definitions they used. (Literally it says what it means and menas what it says.)
- Intent is to reaffirm, clarify, and protect the right of the citizens of Alabama to purchase, own, possess, advertise, sell, lease, loan, manufacture, transport, or use arms and ammunition for purposes of defense of person, family, home, property, liberty, defense and safety of the State, sport, and recreation. Does not apply to convicted felons or those deemed a danger to self and/or others.
- Restraints- No public official, whether elected or non-elected, in this state, or it's sub-divisions, nor the legislature, nor any other public body, shall deny, curtail, prohibit, or tax the right of the people to keep and bear arms; nor enact, nor participate in the execution, of any law which in any style, form, or manner constitutes the registration of the people's firearms or ammunition; nor take any action to promote, or to engage in, confiscation of firearms , which includes weapons of defense well suited to fend off invasion. This right isn't subject to infringement or revocation by any branch of government be they ordinances, acts of local government, state acts, or any legislation which subverts the intent. It shall also apply to international treaties, executive orders, and martial law.
- Repeals all constitutional provisions, state laws, and local ordinances which are inconsistent with the Second Amendment.
- Severability- No part of this law is unconstitutional. It keeps with the intents, purposes, laws, and historical records of the Founders.
The major media's blatant propaganda vilifying gun owners and their capitulation with the regime pushing to disarm us is sickening. They twist the truth, reaarrange the facts, and outright lie to advance the Obama agenda. This two headed dragon drools at every tragedy that occurs and instantly begins to manipulate it for their twisted agenda.
The mere presence of a firearm in the hands of a law abiding citizen is all it usually takes to diffuse a bad situation. Criminals prefer defenseless victims and the Criminal-In-Chief wants to make us a nation of the defenseless. Don't let them succeed in their golas. We can preserve freedom. We can make a difference. If, and only if, we take action, speak up, and use our rights.If we fail we have no one to blame but ourselves. Will you heed the call Alabama.