Here’s a fun outing for foodies who enjoy a good, brisk sail around Marina Del Rey. On Saturday, October 5, 2013, CAFÉ del REY, a hot and trendy waterside eatery, is launching its “Permission to Come Aboard” – a bi-annual event designed for seafood enthusiasts and sailing buffs that takes you on a half-day fishing expedition. (The boat sails from Marina del Rey at 7 a.m. and returns around noon. The route takes fishers through Santa Monica Bay in search of sustainable game fish).
The restaurant has teamed up with Marina del Rey Sportfishing to offer the package that costs $40 for the half day boat ride and includes fishing license. The sea portion of the special is followed by a gourmet meal at the restaurant (add $40 if you want to participate in this part, and you really should as the food’s really good there.
The CAFE del REY Permission to Come Aboard dinner menu includes:
- Hors d’Oeuvres
- Kenwood Sparkling Wine
- Yam Soup Coconut Milk, Savory Curry
- Hearts of Romaine Caesar, Garlic Croutons, Shaved Grana Parmesan
- Organic Free Range Chicken, Polenta, Almond, Grape & Frisée Salad, Marsala Pan Jus
- Sweet Potato Gnocchi, Sage Parmesan Cream, Roasted Eggplant, Brown Butter Sage
- “The Catch Of The Day” Prepared Family Style
- Brown Sugar Crème Brûlèe, Chantilly Crème.