New hairstyle, new body and a new attitude: Grammy winner Kelly Clarkson visited Rachael Ray's cooking show on October 14 to dish on life - and turkey burgers! Get the scoop below, including the recipe for Nacho Turkey Burgers.
Kelly is contemplating the wonderful world of weddings and babies. Engaged to marry Brandon Blackstock, she is already dreaming of a baby and asking other stars for advice on eating right and staying healthy when touring with an infant, reported USA Today on October 12.
Kelly's trainer Nora James recently revealed the popular pop star's diet to Shape magazine:
- Breakfast: egg white omelet with spinach and hot sauce, or oatmeal with fruit and a slice of whole-grain bread
- Lunch: a good-sized salad with chicken or fish
- Dinner: grilled fish and quinoa with veggies mixed in it
Dishing with Rachael Ray, Kelly emphasizes that she's excited about her life now and future. Get one of her favorite recipes below.
Ohio Nacho Turkey Burgers Ingredients
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic, grated or pasted
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- 1 1/2 pounds ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 burger rolls, split and toasted
- Good quality thick-cut potato chips
- 1/2 cup blue cheese crumbles
- Chopped chives or finely chopped scallions
- Place cream and garlic in small pan and bring to bubble, reduce by about a third, 7-8 minutes; stir in Parm.
- Meanwhile, heat a large, cast-iron skillet or griddle over medium-high heat. Combine turkey with Worcestershire, salt, pepper, grated onion and parsley, and form 4 patties that are thinner at center and thicker at edges. Cook 10 minutes, turning once. Remove to plate and add butter to pan. When butter foams, add hot sauce; flip burgers in hot sauce.
- Place burgers on roll bottoms and top with potato chips, cream sauce, blue cheese crumbles, green onions and roll tops.