What: You’re invited to join a public forum to discuss the topic of affordable transportation and how access to reliable transportation is critical to economic success, yet many jobs in the Maryland region aren't linked to public transit. You should know, this forum will highlight new research from the Maryland Consumer Rights Coalition and new information on the California Low-Cost Auto Insurance Program.
Did you know? According to MCRC, access to a car can make all the difference for a low-wage worker trying to get ahead.
Nevertheless, the high cost of auto insurance means many in Maryland, car ownership is simply out of reach. Interested in the answer to the following questions:
- How does this reality impact Maryland's working families?
- What’s driving up insurance costs, particularly for low-income drivers?
- What can be done to address this major barrier to economic advancement?
Look forward to hearing from the following speakers which include:
- Diane Bell McKoy, Associated Black Charities
- Doug Heller, Consumer Advocate (invited)
- Marty Schwartz, Vehicles for Change
- Marceline White, Maryland Consumer Rights Coalition
- Tom Feltner, Consumer Federation of America
Did you know? Maryland Consumer Rights Coalition (MCRC) is a non-profit organization founded in 2000 to advance and protect the interests of Maryland consumers through advocacy, education and research.
Who: Open to general public free and open to all. You should know light refreshments will be provided. If you’re interested in attending, RSVP to Franz@marylandconsumers.org by January 13, 2014.
When: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 starts at 10 a.m.
Where: The Annie E. Casey Foundation, 503 N. Charles Street, Baltimore, MD 21201
FYI: Be sure to check the attached video explaining Progressive Auto Insurance controversy safe driver program.
You should know this event is sponsored by the Job Opportunities Task Force, the Maryland CASH Campaign and the Maryland Consumer Rights Coalition.
Stay in the know by clicking the +subscribe button above this article for updates on the latest trends for well-rounded lifestyle.