On Oct. 15, Adventures by Disney (ABD) announced its latest itinerary for its family travel adventures. ABD will take guests to Norway, with an itinerary inspired by the upcoming Walt Disney Animation Studios film “Frozen.”
ABD’s trip to Norway is an eight-day, seven-night vacation organized around giving guests the opportunity to enjoy hands-on experiences as they visit the villages of Bergen, Flam, Geiranger and Oslo. Accompanied by personal adventures guides, ABD guests will visit villages and Fjord country, learn folk dancing, fish and raft and visit stave churches. The diverse experiences are designed to appeal to all family members, and travelers of all ages.
Along the way, ABD guests will get to experience the Norway – its sights, culture and people – that inspired the look of Disney's “Frozen,” an adventure comedy that focuses on two sisters. Anna, the film’s protagonist, undertakes a journey – with the help of those she meets along the way – to find her sister Elsa and save the kingdom from its never-ending winter.
ABD’s Norway itinerary includes the following:
- Visit the storybook village of Bergen, a real-life inspiration for the kingdom of Arendelle in the movie “Frozen,” and enjoy dinner in a “Bryggen-style” room with a view of the Bergen Harbor.
- Meet local storytellers, fishermen and farmers along the way to learn their stories.
- Discover the Fjord country by safari.
- Hike across stunning, mystical terrains.
- Explore the capital city of Oslo.
- Raft down an exhilarating river in Voss.
- Learn Norwegian folk dancing.
- Visit the stave churches that inspired the film’s architecture.
- Experience the natural beauty of Norway, including stunning waterfalls, gleaming glaciers and gorgeous fjords.
- Participate in many surprises like rainbow trout fishing and glacier visits.
As with most ABD vacations, the Norway trip will offers a Junior Adventure Night. This opportunity will permit kids the opportunity to enjoy a private dinner museum experience and enable adults to indulge in their own fine-dining one.
ABD’s Norway itinerary begins May 31, 2014, offering several trips over the summer into mid-September. While the trip is family friendly, the minimum age for participation is five years old and the recommended ages for this vacation is six years and above. The adult-exclusive trip to Norway is slated to start Sept. 6, 2014.
In addition to its Norway vacation, ABD offers a variety of destinations in Europe, North America, South America, Africa, Asia and Australia. Adventure by Disney opportunities range from the South African plains to major cities of Europe, from North America’s national parks to Egyptian monuments, from the Costa Rica rainforest to the Great Wall of China.
Since 2005, ABD has offered luxury group family tours and is recognized for excellent in family tourism. The organization has received numerous awards, including four consecutive awards as the World’s Leading Luxury Tour Operator for the World Travel Awards (2009-2012).
For more information on the Norway itinerary, or other options, visit Adventures by Disney, call 888-272-0571 or contact a travel agent who specializes in Disney vacations.