When Rhea McCarter, award-winning make-up artist and Adore Makeup Boutique + Salon founder, wanted to create an affordable option for women and girls seeking make-up services, she introduced “The Makeup Bar by Adore” in February 2013.
These 25-minute makeup services with results lasting at least 12 hours after application are perfect for girl’s night out, date night, bachelorette parties, holiday and birthday parties, charity events, business meetings, prom, cotillions, quincieneras, homecoming and even webinars. McCarter and the Adore team strive to create a space where anyone can get their makeup done for a specific event or “just because.” To achieve this goal, Adore is child-friendly and even offers V.I.P. discounts to Bump Club and Beyond members.
The Makeup Bar menu serves as a guide to achieve a certain “feel,” but the looks are all customized for each individual to look and feel her most beautiful. Keeping with the vintage-glam atmosphere of Adore, each look draws inspiration from both current and iconic Hollywood beauties:
The Eyes: A pop of the eye in a soft, beautiful way. This look is made popular by Angelina Jolie & Audrey Hepburn.
• This look keeps the eyes as the focal point with illuminating, not heavy, makeup to create the “cat eye.” The look uses a soft color smoke of bronzes and gold to make your eyes pop.
The Smoke: A sultry, sexy eye with contoured cheeks. This look is made popular by Kim Kardashian & Jean Harlow.
• “The Smoke” is most popular for proms, cotillions and bachelorette parties.
The Lip: A clean face with strong eyes + a pop of lip color. This look is made popular by Gwen Stefani & Marilyn Monroe.
• Concentrated on the lip, this look uses all-natural, paraben-free lip color that doesn’t bleed from Adore’s very own Mandy Granado’s make-up line, Granado Mineral Cosmetics, to create the perfectly kissable pucker.
The Glow: A gorgeous, clean look with dewy skin. This look is made popular by Carrie Underwood & Grace Kelly.
• This look creates a sheeny glow with eye intensity without using a lot of make-up. “The Glow” is not only most popular among brides, but guys are big fans of the look as well!
The Polish: A professional, beautiful, understated look. This look is made popular by Julia Roberts & Lauren Bacall.
• Businesswomen, moms-of-the-bride and new mommies wanting newborn pictures love “The Polish,” which gives them a beautiful look without seeming overdone.
As mother of three, McCarter donates 5% of all Makeup Bar proceeds to the Austin Children Center. On launch day, Adore raised over $1,000!