If you happen to work in an office environment, chances are pretty good you turn to a certain person when you have a problem, need assistance and want something done. That person also knows the inner workings of the office and keeps the office running in tip-top shape. Whether you call them office managers, secretaries or administrative assistants, there is a special day of the year that honors and recognizes the millions of hard-working men and women who fulfill that need.
Administrative Professionals Day, also known as Secretary's Day, is an annual celebration observed on the Wednesday in the last full week of April and is part of Administrative Professionals Week. If you are a boss, make sure to pencil in the following dates - and pronto! Forgetting this occasion may not go over too well with certain employees!
- April 22, 2015
- April 27, 2016
- April 26, 2017
- April 25, 2018
- April 24, 2019
Administrative Professionals Day
The very first National Secretaries Day was observed in June 1952. In 2000, the name was changed and the date was moved to the last full week of April . Today, the event is celebrated all over the world. According to the non-profit International Association of Administrative Professionals, there are more than 4.1 million administrative assistants and secretaries working in the United States today. Nearly 9 million work in various administrative support positions. According to the U.S. Department of Labor, the average salary for executive secretaries and administrative assistants in 2008 was $40,030.
Administrative Professionals Day is the perfect opportunity to say “thank you” to that busy gal or guy in the office who keeps things running smoothly.
Administrative Professionals Day Sayings & Quotes for Secretaries
Whether you take your professional out to lunch, send fragrant flowers or wrap a gift card for a free massage, if you can't quite come up with the right words to tell your secretary just how much you value him or her, perhaps these quotations can help:
- Responsibility without power - the fate of the secretary though the ages. ~ Ariel Dorfman
- Always be nice to secretaries. They are the real gatekeepers in the world. ~ Anthony J. D'Angelo
- Happy is the man with a wife to tell him what to do and a secretary to do it. ~ Lord Mancroft
- As soon as you sit down to a cup of hot coffee, your boss will ask you to do something which will last until the coffee is cold. ~ Author Unknown
- Someday, people who know how to use computers will rule over those who don't. And there will be a special name for them - Secretaries ~ Scott Adams
- Appreciation is a wonderful thing. It makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well. ~ Voltaire
- My Boss frequently gets lost in thought. That's because it's unfamiliar territory. ~ Anonymous
- Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone. ~ G.B. Stern
- The first thing the secretary types is the boss. ~ Donald Trump
- I think any man in business would be foolish to fool around with his secretary. It if’s somebody else’s secretary, fine. ~ Barry Goldwater
- Excellence is doing ordinary things extraordinarily well. ~ John W. Gardner
- I don't have any assistants, I do it all myself, I don't have any secretaries. ~ Billy Sherwood
- The one thing worse than a quitter is a person who is afraid to begin. ~ Anonymous
- It's easy to make a buck. It's a lot tougher to make a difference. ~ Tom Brokaw
- There are no secrets to success. It is the result of preparation, hard work, and learning from failure.~ Colin L. Powell
- I'm not a TGIF guy. I get off a plane at 2 o'clock in the morning and I'm looking for my secretary because I want to know what's going on. ~ Vijay Mallya
- If you have a good selling idea, your secretary can write your ad for you. ~ Morris Hite
- People will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but they will never forget how you made them feel.. ~ Unknown
- The deepest principle in human nature is the craving to be appreciated.~ William James
Happy Administrative Professionals Day!