These past two weeks have been an exciting time for Battlefield fans. With Dice opening a BETA up for players, it has given both fans a chance to play Battlefield 4 early while Dice can do some much needed real world adjustments to the game.
Just what kind of adjustments, you may ask? Well according to Dice, quite a few. In a recent blog update, Dice addressed some of the concerns players came across in the BETA, giving a list of things they were adjusting, incorporating and changing in order to make the playing experience better for all players.
The key points of this list are as follows:
- RPG's and SMAW's no longer lock on
- Coaxial Light Machine guns get a damage increase
- IFV main cannon gets a damage reduction against tanks
- Lock-on range reduced to 350 meters from 500 meters (Stinger is the exception)
- Stingers damage reduced; takes 3 to bring down a helicopter
- AK-12 rate of fire in burst mode reduced to 750rpm from 1000rpm
- Revive time for downed teammates increased to 10 seconds
- Lock on weapons do a max damage of 90% to attack and support helicopters in order to make the extinguisher a viable option
These are just the highlights of what is a pretty well rounded list that Dice has put out for the fans. Be sure to check the list here in order to give feedback of what other changes you may want Dice to make before the official release of Battlefield 4.