Rock Valley College in Rockford, IL is currently hiring for the summer and fall classes. The faculty will be invited to attend facilitated, yet informal discussions, on various topics as they relate to teaching and learning and may include:
- Supporting the present needs of instructors while communicating the potential of evolving pedagogical theory, innovative methodology, and new instructional technologies.
- Employing knowledgeable and talented ATLE staff members who are committed to working with individuals, departments, and programs.
- Designing, delivering, aned communicating meaningful professional development opportunities.
- Facilitating recurrent, reflective dialogue about teaching and learning.
- Providing a comprehensive, contemporary collection of instructional resources.
Programs and Services
- Teaching and Learning Series.
- Faculty will be invited to attend facilitated yet informal discussions on various topics as they relate to teaching and learning.
- Technology in the classroom.
- Accommodating learning styles.
- Writing across the curriculum.
- Classroom discipline.
- Assessment techniques.
- Successfully assigning homework.
- Diversity in the classroom.
- Improve blended learning course design.
- Classroom management.
- How to survive as a new college instructors.
- Using course syllablus.
The Adjunct Faculty Institute (AFI) is a comprehensive professional development program for part-time instructors that is grounded in research based pedagogy, convenient, accessible, and immediately applicable to the physical or digital classroom. All coursework will be conducted on weekends, in the evenings, or via distance learning.
There is a minimum of thirty programs hours, but curriculum detail could entail blended delivery (face to face and online coursework) and multiple class sessions. Instead of meeting for one three-hour block, the instructor may determine that three, one-hour classes would better to fulfill the learning objectives.
RVC is currently recruiting part-time instructors to teach day/evening credit courses in the following areas:
- Management Physical Georgraphy
- CNA Clinical Nursing
- Fitness, Wellness & Sport
- Political Science
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Developmental Chemistry
- Developmental Reading
- Health Information Technology
- Respiratory Therapy
- Aviation Maintenance Technology Economics
- Electronic Engineering Technology
- Cardio Kickboxing
- Manufacturing Engineering Technology.
Human Resource Services - Support Services Building, 3301 N. Mulford Road, Rockford, IL 61114 - Polly Carter, Recruiting Coordinator (815) 921 - 4757
Employees who feel they have been discriminated against may file a formal complaint with Jessica Jones, Managing Director of Human Resources at (815) 921 - 4755