This weekend, April 16-17, the Adirondack Sports & Fitness Summer Expo will be at the Saratoga Springs City Center (522 Broadway, Saratoga). The Expo will run from 10-6 on Saturday and 10-5 on Sunday.
Runners can check out running-specific exhibits from the following:
- Adirondack Marathon Distance Festival
- Firecracker 4-Mile Road Race
- Freihofer's Run for Women
- Hudson-Mohawk Road Runners Club
- Mohawk-Hudson Marathon/Half-Marathon
- My Fitness Recovery/Chi Running & Walking
- RUseeN Reflective Apparel
- Special Olympics NY/Silks & Satins 5K
- Susan G. Komen Race for the Cure
- Team In Training/Leukemia & Lymphoma
- USA Track & Field-Adirondack
- Warrior Run West Mountain
Running seminars include the following, which will both take place on Sunday:
- 12-12:45pm ChiRunning & ChiWalking. From Adk Sports & Fitness: "This interactive seminar, based on the principles of Tai Chi, can help you run or walk with increased energy efficiency and fewer injuries. Ann Margaret McKillop, My Fitness Recovery: ChiRunning & ChiWalking."
- 2-2:45pm Tips on Preparing and Training for Running Your First Half-Marathon, Marathon or Ultra Marathon. From Adk Sports & Fitness: "Jim Thomas is the coach for HMRRC’s Mohawk Hudson River Marathon & Half-Marathon Training Program; he’s completed 93 marathons; is a prostate cancer survivor; and was the first Capital District runner to become a 50-stater in 2003."
In addition, there will be seminars on triathlon training, hiking, cycling, kayaking, canoeing and much more. There will be approximately 100 exhibitors as well.
Admission is $5. Children under 18 are free.
For more information, visit the Adk Sports & Fitness web site.