Photos will add beauty and personal touches to the decor. The living areas such as the living room and dining room are the perfect spaces to show off your beloved photos. Photos can inspire as well as remind ones of loved ones and favorite locations that were visited.
Be sure to watch me on the SFGate video as an accompaniment to this article!
Decorating a room with photos can be a loving task.
Family photos will bring those lost or far away closer. Guests will enjoy looking at the photos and you will enjoy the memories.
- Get in touch with family history by creating a family tree of framed photos on the wall. Make it interesting by using a backdrop of a tattooed tree on the wall with branches to "hang" the photos seemingly off of.
- Use a long wall to create a gallery effect of framed photos in groupings. Frames can be mixed and matched to add to the special décor.
- Make a collage of photos in a single large frame to hang on the wall.
- Create a grouping of framed photos to stand on the fireplace mantel, piano or sofa table.
- A curio type cabinet or breakfront will have added interest with a family photo added to the show pieces.
Photo decor can be more than just photos of loved ones.
Photos taken on trips can add beauty to the walls as well as inspiration remembered that was gathered on the outing.
- Create a grouping on a wall of vacation photos taken of landmarks or scenery.
- Use an online site to upload a loved image that can be custom created to mural size to dress a wall with a memorable view.
Photos are in everyone's possession, stuck away in an album, the attic or drawer. In the digital age photos are too often relegated to the computer hard drive or memory stick. Unfortunately memories loaded onto a stick cannot be seen with the naked eye. Take the time to have special memories printed out to display and enjoy. Never be afraid to dance!
Watch all of my SFGate Interior Decorating videos!
Subscribe and enjoy reading all of my articles under the titles of Interior Decorating, Long Island Interior Design, Decorating, Arts & Exhibits, Lifestyle, as well as General Pets, Fashion Trends, and Long Island Prepper written for Examiner.com.