One of the easiest ways to create a splash with your entertainment menu on July fourth is to use color. There are so many foods that are red, white, and blue that the options are plentiful. Below are some simple ideas for creating flashy appetizers which are perfect for your barbecue. I've also included a list of foods that fall within the color scheme. Hopefully this sparks some ideas for your menu. Be creative and please share your ideas in the comment section below. Let's make this column a great place to go for amazing ideas, not just by the examiner but also by you the readers.
Creative ideas to arrange food on a serving tray for the fourth:
- Use kabob sticks to arrange red, white and blue food to create a colorful theme, if you want to really be impressive use the colors to create an image of the flag. Try using watermelon for the red, bananas for the white, and blue berries for the blue and watch as a healthy snack becomes an awesome kick off appetizer.
- Use toothpicks to create colorful star shaped appetizers. Keeping with the theme of red, white and blue try red ham, white american cheese cut out in star shapes and top the appetizer with a blue berry, blackberry (or other fruit you color blue).
- Another great appetizer would be to take a strawberry, dip it in white chocolate (half way) then add a little blue food coloring to sugar or white cream and top the white with a touch of blue.
- Try arranging red cherry tomatoes, white mozzarella cheese on a serving tray with a square bowl of blue colored dipping sauce or blue berries and watch people's eyes sparkle.
- Cut a strawberry in half, pull out the middle, put a dab of whip cream in the center and top it with a blue berry.
- Cut up some red peppers into slivers, get some blue corn chips, and white dipping sauce. Arrange them on a serving plate.
The theme is simple, the color scheme is already in place for you, now all you need to do is go to the store and buy the foods that catch your eye and arrange them in a colorful way.
Food suggestions within the color scheme:
- Red peppers
- Black raspberry
- Blue Cheese (white and blue)
- Blue corn
- Blue corn chips
- Blue strawberries
- Purple potatoes
- Red cabbage
Hopefully this will help spark your own creative ideas. Have fun and enjoy the holiday.