Adam Lambert sings, and rings in the new year with Paramount style

Adam Lambert arrives at the 4th annual Gridlock New Year's Eve party at Paramount Studios.
Associated Press photo

Who needs ABC? Adam Lambert didn't seem to on New Years Eve when he performed at the Gridlock party in Los Angeles, California. Lambert was rocked off of Dick Clark's annual New Years Eve gala, when ABC decided his performance at the American Music Awards was a no-no. Despite the seemingly never-ending slap on the wrist,  the notorious glitter-man delivered a 40 minute set of songs from his CD For Your Entertainment  to a crowd of 4500, while headlining his own New Year's party, hosted by Pamela Anderson, at Paramount studios.

Dressed in black tuxedo pants and a slick black coat with beaded embroidery, the American Idol runner- up held love crazed Glamberts in the palm of his left hand, and a cordless mike in his right, proving all that glitters is not gold, but platinum.

Donning full hair and make up, Lambert treated the audience to a vocal cocktail that had them intoxicated after just a few bars. Songs like Music Again, Strut, Fever, and Down the Rabbit Hole were performed with the high voltage intensity that fans have come to expect from the 'Glittery Alien from Planet Fierce'. As he slowed things down with Soaked and Sleepwalker, you could hear an earring drop as the audience drank in each emotion he soulfully poured out.

Lambert finished up with an encore of Whole Lotta Love, featuring his signature hip gyrations and gratuitous guttural groans, making it one of the night's most notable performances.

The only disappointment of the evening was for fans that couldn't attend the event, as is was not televised. They were, therefore, left with amateur cell-casts from sympathetic attendees who tried to share the evening by recording Lambert's performance on their cell phones and uploading them to You Tube.  Most often this resulted in poor sound and picture quality, but it did the trick for anxious viewers determined to catch a glimpse of their idol.

Thousands of  fans boycotted the coverage of Dick Clark's New Years Rockin' Eve in protest of Lambert's treatment by ABC. Some who didn't participate in the boycott and tuned in to the broadcast, took issue with Jennifer Lopez' sheer cat suit, and wondered how consistent the network was being in it's assessment of propriety.

Adam Lambert wasn't concerned, however. He rang in the New Year surrounded by his new band, an audience full of loyal fans, and plenty of cheers. As his fan base continues to grow, Mr Lambert will have plenty more to sing (and cheer) about in  2010.

For more information on Adam Lambert, visit his official website at:

or visit the following websites for news updates and information on Adam Lambert:

Mr. L

The Glambert Rock

Comments

• ybb 4 years ago

nice write up!...thank you and I look forward to reading all the many great reviews to come with our Glambaby!

• aim 4 years ago

Jennifer, great article! ABC will be kissing the "God of Rock" sexy behind soon enough. They are ridiculous! LOL

• PCMom 4 years ago

Thanks for the nice article. Adam Lambert is the KING OF GLAMROCK!

• DD 4 years ago

I was there - what a fabulous concert he and the band put on for us. I'm still boycotting ABC - such idiots - but it worked out well for me - got to see him live performing 11 songs - he totally rocked that stage, and I was rocking out in the audience!

• Sam 4 years ago

I was there, GREAT concert! Adam and the band KILLED it.

• AsiaFan 4 years ago

SOB--too far away to attend, but thanks for a great review and thanks to all those who got it up online. Even fuzzy Adam is unbelievable.

• Michael 4 years ago

I was at the party, and I was not a fan, my wife is...I now have a different appreciation for Adam after hearing him live. I have never heard a voice like his, my wife and I hope he does a tour soon. Soaked was unbelievable, now one of my favorites. He did a great job. thanks for a great NYE Adam.

• Annette 4 years ago

My daughter were there at the Gridlock party.There are no words that can come near to describe the evening.Not wanting to drive my car from San Diego to L.A., Stacey and I took a trolley, Amtrak train,subway and a cab.We couldn't get a room for the night, so we had to stay in the freezing cold L.A. train station for 3 and 1/2 hours.I would gladly do it again as this was his first concert promoting his album.He is truly our rock god luv ya Adam.

• nckiet 4 years ago

Nice article!! I watched all the youtubes and even though the sound quality is below par, Adam still sounded amazing and looked soooo hot !! I love it when a performer takes the time to look good for their fans and Adam certainLY doesn't disappoint - he is GORGEOUS from this hair to his shoes and especially eveything in between !! I cannot wait to see him on tour!! Thanks again to all who took the time and effort to give us all these youtubes whatever the quality, fuzzy Adam is better than no Adam at all and better certainly than all the performances broadcast on tv that night!!

• Will 4 years ago

Great review, ABC loss(and still boycotted at our home) and Adams gain, what a performance, no one can come close the to glittery alien from planet fierce in talent! This is just the beginning of a very successful career for Adam!!

• Cindy 4 years ago

Thank you for the great article----and for all the first-hand accounts of Adam live!!! It makes me more excited for his tour this year----and trust me, I will be there!!! Love you Adam, and rock on!!!

• 4adam4sure 4 years ago

Agree with all the positive accolades. Can't wait for the official Glambert tour. Adam is here to rock our world!

• Anna 4 years ago

Wonderful article, this is something the journalist should be focusing to write about Adam Lambert. Jennifer you did a fantastic job. I'd love reading this type of article to one of my favorite singer Adam. I hope other journalists should learn it from you, the positive and truthfullness of writing. The only disappointment we have is we are unable to see Adam on TV, however, Thank you so much to the audience that attempted to take the whole video and posted in youtube, still worth watching Adam's performance, Great as always.!!
    Jennifer your article is worth of sharing and tweeting Fabulous Feedback that's what an honest truthful journalist should be.

• Glamitup 4 years ago

Just tucked my Christmas money into an envelope,labeled it "Adam Lambert" concert fund, then stuck it in my drawer! Now all I have to do is wait for my "Glitterman" to come to an arena near me! Can't wait! GO ADAM!

• lomarish 4 years ago

I was there and it was unbelievable. I even got my picture taken with Adam. He was so sweet and gracious to all the fans waiting for that opportunity. The picture is on my mantle where it will live forever. The night was awesome. Love you Adam.

• nanaofliu 4 years ago

thanks so much for a positive article. ADAM blew them away out in hollywood. somebody missed a chance to make millions.

• Lynne 4 years ago

Thank you for your lovely article which portrays Adam as being the superstar that he REALLY IS!! I am a PROUD Glambert and I am anxiously awaiting news of his upcoming tour and I hope and pray it will include Canada because I will SO BE THERE cheering our wonderful man and his unbelievable talent!! Your loss ABC!!

• Cycoblitz 4 years ago

Thank you, Jenn, for your amazing words of an amazing man and entertainer. And we, too, still boycott ABC for their double standard antics. (Yup, we saw Jlo's suggestive, licky, crotchy, take-that-Adam-Lambert pictures.) We're gathering to boycott the local St. Louis radio stations unless we hear some Adam songs very soon. We told them, "Internet, Adam songs, no more local advertising. Your choice."

Thanks for your commitment to bringing us the best words we can imagine for our Boy.

• cherch 4 years ago

Great article!! So happy for those of you who got to see Adam live. So grateful to all of you who took videos so the rest of us could kinda see what we were missing. Rock on Adam!!!