1. Arts & Entertainment
  2. Celebrity

Adam Lambert one of the most recommended twitter accounts in USA in 2010

See also

Twitter has released a list of the 50 most recommended twitter accounts from USA in 2010 and Adam Lambert came in at #17. A twitter tradition on Fridays is for people to suggest other twitter accounts for their followers to begin following. According to the twitter website,

This tradition was born spontaneously within the Twitter community to recommend your favorite tweeps to your followers. [A portal] counts all of these recommendations and computes a ranking of the most recommended Twitter users in the world.”

The “most recommended lists” are determined as the most recommended accounts on Twitter using the common Follow Friday hash-tags (#followfriday, #ff, etc.). Although we know that Adam made the top 20 for the U.S., twitter has not yet posted the final world ranking for 2010.

Since twitter was released, Adam is ranked at #12 in the U.S. on the “Most Recommended Tweeps” list as of December 31. As was reported last week, Adam just passed 800,000 followers on twitter, the most of any American Idol alum.

Are you following Adam Lambert on twitter? Do you recommend him in your Follow Friday list every week?

Want to stay informed about Adam? To stay up to date on the latest news about Adam Lambert, click the "Subscribe" button on the top of the page.

You can also follow me on twitter at @AL_Examiner

Comments

• Ana Glam 3 years ago

Yes and yes.

• kate 3 years ago

I just recently joined Twitter and I follow Aadm. I never heard of the Follow Friday list . I f I learn more about what I am doing I'll certainly add him.

• Anonymouss 3 years ago

I dont recommend Adam because I think all of my followers are glamberts, and Im pretty sure they're already following him :D

• Supersweetipie 3 years ago

So happy for Adam. The World is his oyster.

• Ovationimpact 3 years ago

I joined Twitter just because of Adam Lambert... so this new doesn't surprize, but the #followfridayAdamLambert is news to me... must because everyone I know follows Adam Lambert!

• Marie 3 years ago

I joined twitter for the first time because of Adam. He really doesn't "tweet" that often. I think he'd have more followers if he tweeted a bit more. But I do check it out periodically.

• kat23 3 years ago

It is cool to follow Adam because he loves twitter and does use it to update fans...to get them the truth in regards to lies by media and to update us on news....plus his comments are often really funny

• Profile picture of Mickilyn
    Mickilyn 3 years ago

Finally! An explanation as to what #FF is... (Thankyou Renee!) I mean, I've seen ppl do it for over a yr, but when I've asked the best explanation I got was 'I dunno, it's just something we do'... Well, that never seemed like a good reason to me, so I didn't do it. Now that I know what it is, & that it's tracked like that, I likely will start, & yes, I will def include Adam in it!! (I've been following him since I learned about twitter, since he had around 40,000 followers I think.)

• Profile picture of fred500
    fred500 3 years ago

Yep I follow Adam but not much from him in the way of substantive tweets coming our way for months. Granted he's been busy but so have a lot of other famous ones who tweet a lot more. He actually seems to be a fundamentally very private person who puts on a show for us. I think he would rather be left alone.