1. AXS Entertainment
  2. Arts & Entertainment
  3. Music

Adam Lambert in Albuquerque: Excuse me Mr. Lambert, did you just blow my mind? (Photos)

OK. Seriously? I knew that Adam Lambert had an amazing voice from watching him on American Idol. I knew that he busted some over-the-top sexy moves from his performance on the American Music Awards. What I did not now was how truly incredible he is as a live performer. After last night's Glam Nation Tour stop at Sunshine Theater in Albuquerque, Glambert has been promoted from "hype" to "hot damn" for this music fan.

During Season 8 of American Idol, I was impressed with the glitzy singer's vocal range, and was happy to see him get so far in the competition; however, I was convinced that his style was too over-the-top and campy for widespread pop appeal. I argued with my friends and family about how Kris Allen, the show's ultimate winner, would make music that people would actually listen to, while Lambert would make high-pitched, melodramatic, emo, dance music that wouldn't catch on. Boy, was I wrong.

Let me go on record right now saying this: Adam Lambert rocks. Hard. Not only is his voice incredible, but he is one of the most natural entertainers I have ever witnessed. Lambert's presence on stage is mesmerizing.  Confidence and swagger ooze from his pores and shoot like daggers from his eyes, as he struts around in complete control of the stage and all within its reach.  Did I enjoy the show? Yeah, you could say that.

Lambert is one of those performers that you have to see live at least once in your life. Whether you consider yourself a fan of his music or not, you won't leave disappointed. As Lambert's first album title says, he's here "For Your Entertainment".  So go and be entertained.

The Glam Nation Tour is traveling the world now through the end of October, and has been selling out quickly in most cities, so be sure to get your tickets early if you expect to get your piece of the glam.

Did you attend the sold-out Glam Nation Tour at the Sunshine Theater in Albuquerque? What did you think? Add your comments below.

Comments

• lilyx 3 years ago

OMG your pics are BEAUTIFUL Donna! You really captured new colors and feelings a lot of other photogs missed. Love LOVE LOVE your review as well :)

• remede 3 years ago

Did you buy more tickets for another show? That's what I did as soon as I came home from the Glam Nation show I went to.

• Mel 3 years ago

Wow, Donna! you have the most gorgeous pictures!! Thanks for sharing!.. and really enjoyed your article. Hot Damn! I know what you mean!!! :D

• Susan 3 years ago

Yep, once hes in he owns your heart! Glad to have another one on board for this incredable ride called Adam Lambert!! I had the pleasure of seeing 2 live concerts and when its over you find yourself scrambling to find a ticket for another show! He is that good! Best live show I have ever witnessed and I have seen tons of shows from big performers, no one can top Adam, no one!!!

• Shannon 3 years ago

Ha! Another Glambert convert. Adam is taking over the world one person at a time. Love your pix!

• Gale Chester Whittingotn 3 years ago

Your pictures are beautiful! What a shame your settings don't allow us to save them for posterity.

• Jick 3 years ago

Great article and gorgeous photos, thanx! Love hearing that other peeps experienced the same "holy sh**!" reaction that I did when I saw him live. Don't get me wrong, his album's really good, especially considering how they rush Idols through the album process in just a few months. But live? He dropped my jaw, and I was actually in a bit of a daze for hours after it over LOL. That dude has got some serious talent.

• agrimesy 3 years ago

I saw Adam in Knoxville and thought I could wait until the show in Indianapolis, but nope! I bought a ticket for St. Louis this weekend. The man is an incredible performer, so multi-faceted, something for everyone from rock god to balladiere! I'm hooked. Your pictures are awesome! With a subject like Adam, you can't go wrong.

• Judy 3 years ago

Love your review Donna & the pictures are outstanding ! Have you ever in your life heard a voice like his live ?? I mean who sings like that ?? NO ONE !! I left the concert at Foxwoods speechless,there just are no words to properly explain how incredible he is !

• Rocker-Girl 3 years ago

Well, glad you saw him live:-) And thank you for the great photos. I have been to three shows now and another one in September. That pretty much sums up what I think of his live performances - once isn't enough!

• jaberone 3 years ago

Kris who??????

ADAM is absolutely magnificent in all ways...voice, looks, talent, showmanship, sex appeal,sweetness, honesty, love......well, I think you all get my point!!! :) He is the greatest!!!

• Willow Harrison 3 years ago

Welcome aboard the Glambert train!!

• Chad 3 years ago

Great review. I caught his show in Costa Mesa and yeah, I was definitely entertained. His vocals, especially on Soaked are out of this world! Guy is amazing.

• PJ 3 years ago

I agree that Adam is a must see live. I took three people to a concert with me who didn't know Adam from - ummm Adam. They never watched Idol, not real radio listeners and heard the name but didn't know the man and his music. All three were absolutely blown away and still talk about it to this day. Most singers it's easier to stay home and listen to the CD but with this guy you need to catch the show.

• Roro 3 years ago

Loved your article and comments. I too was hoping to read more from concert goers who attended this particular concert, especially as N.M. is serious cowboy country and I had no idea how Adam's Glam Nation might be received. I hope all were as blown away as you were! Can't wait until my turn comes to witness this icon's performance!

• Donna 3 years ago

Thank u for a great article stating what almost all ppl experience when seeing Adam live for the first time. It's like an alien experience. His incredible vocals just vibrate right through you body and his charisma, charm, stage presense are remarkable. It took me days to come out of a daze. So what did I do; bought tickets to Knoxville and Tunica MS. He just puts u under his spell & your hooked. Best entertainer in decades.

• Meg 3 years ago

Great article and photos!!

• shelby 3 years ago

Yes, yes! Another fan! Thanks for the great review. He is spectacular, isn't he?! *throws glitter in the air*

• Britte 3 years ago

I've never seen him live but even his (quickly put together) cd knocks me out of my shoes and down the street! He's amazing.

• sam 3 years ago

great review and very accurate:) one convert at a time!

• Deb 3 years ago

Another one who now "Gets it"!!! You are going to find yourself wanting more really soon. :) Welcome to the GLAMNATION!!

• PattiH 3 years ago

"Lambert's presence on stage is mesmerizing. Confidence and swagger ooze from his pores and shoot like daggers from his eyes" and of course, "The voice!"

Could not have said it better myself!

• glamrocks 3 years ago

thanks for posting.....yep seeing adam live is a concert you will Love! Adam has it all---Amazing vocals, hot sexy dance moves--stage prescence---he commands the stage and audience!
    I highly recommend anyone who just saw adam on AI--go see his Glam Nation Tour----you will be amazed like Donna was!

• Lindsay 3 years ago

When drop dead gorgeous Adam Lambert hits the stage with his kick A** vocals and charismatic stage presence, it's all over Imagine if you will an entire audience on their feet,dancing singing,cheering and having the time of their lives ! That's Glamnation ! A concert of a lifetime ! Donna,you ROCK ,great review !

• LJ 3 years ago

I love the name of the article. It draws you right in...lol! Pics great too. I totally agree Adam is a must see live.

• LisaW 3 years ago

Haha, thanks for the great pix and great article. Umm, yeah, you put it pretty succinctly. Even as a fan all along, I was totally blown away, I don't even know what it is. I go to lots of concerts and me and my friend got tix to the first show. I was looking forward to it as I was the many others I have lined up this summer (BEP Friday!) and was kinda laughing at the die hard fans I heard were getting to tix to several shows, I mean really seen it once and then what? I sat almost stunned, it was over in a blink and I was elated and sad all at the same time and I just turned to my friend and said I gotta see that again!!!! so going again in a few weeks, he is the only person I have ever seen live that has such an effect on people and is soooo much better live, really really amazing live. If you are not sitting in stunned silence listening to Soaked just give up and only listen to Kidz Bop the rest of ur life.

• Floyd 3 years ago

First, I'm a guy, and straight--took wife to the concert and we watched it from the front row center of the mosh pit (feet and muscles still ache).

Adam's truly a different kind of act just based on the clothes that Adam and the rest of his show. But--as in the song, he's entertaining.

An aside--Allison Iraheta, the lead-in act fom American Idol, has grown up into a truly beautiful young lady, and has been taking notes from Adam. She'll be going places.

• PLT 3 years ago

Thank-you for yourfabulous article and photos! Do tweet the link to Adam! You capture his essence as a performer. I saw him at The Warfield in SF, Thunder Valley near Sacramento, and drove 400miles each way to Costa Mesa to see Adam live for 2 sold out concerts of 8500 people each night. Totally worth it. Yep, he's mesmerizing.

• Marilyn 3 years ago

Wonderful review and all so true. It's nice to see that someone did their research before they started writng. Adam is a born and learned entertainer and his concerts are an event to go to. His vocal ability will also carry him far in the music business. Welcome new Adam Lambert fan.

• Barbara DAngelo 3 years ago

I usually skip these Examiner "news" items, but I liked your headline, and I LOVED your photos! You pretty much describe exactly how we all feel when Adam comes prancing out onto the stage. HE's otherworldly, but the best part is that it's all tongue-in-cheek. You can tell he's getting a big kick out of it all.

• PLT 3 years ago

• Mari 3 years ago

No Allison pictures? :(

• Joy Lambskank @UOwnMyHeartAdam 3 years ago

Thanks so much for willing to admit when you are WRONG! LOL This man is perfect...I have seen him a total of 8 times now including Fantasy Springs. Just finished all the California shows including Las Vegas and I can tell you - I never get tired of seeing him perform...If I had the money I would have continued...He is unreal- and my life is so full of ecstasy because of him and our glam nation community...we are all so filled up with love-It is pure magic to be a part of all this that he has created...

• JulieB 3 years ago

Donna, your review and photos captured the essence of Adam perfectly. You have spread the word so that others will join our Glamily. Welcome!

• Lynn 3 years ago

Did not get to Albuquerque, but going for 2 and possibly 3 - if I could, I would love to work in his entourage.

• Jazz 3 years ago

Home again in Colorado after attending the concert in Albuquerque. I was the first person in line and you know what that means...I was there at 6:30am! I met many wonderful fans waiting in line with me and we had a fun time hanging out. I was right in front of the stage and the experience of Adam singing that close to me was incredible. Hearing him sing "Soaked" and seeing every expression was amazing and I will never forget it. The entire performance was simply awesome and that includes the band and the dancers too. I would do it all again in a heartbeat! It wasn't my first concert and it won't be my last either. I can't wait until it's time to attend my next one. There isn't another singer/performer out there like Adam and I'm thrilled that so many feel the same way.

• Jazz 3 years ago

• Peg 3 years ago

I'm lucky enough to have seen the making of several musical legends in my time - Elvis Presley, The Beatles, Michael Jackson,
    The Rolling Stones.....and now we're seeing the making of another
    MUSICAL LEGEND, ADAM LAMBERT!! This guy is TRI-FECTA, he's got the voice, the looks & the moves!! What a major talent! Seeing him in person on stage is a MUST!!

• Sudschick 3 years ago

Someone mentioned stunned silence? That's me. I find myself holding my breath so I don't miss a note. Adam is the most gifted entertainer of all time. His concerts are a must see. He's better (if you can believe it)in person. Why he hasn't done the lead in a great movie yet is beyond understanding. Hasn't anyone noticed yet that Adam can do it all....and better than anyone!
    Thanks for the great review. It takes strong character to publicly admit when you're wrong. Welcome to our ever-growing Glamily.

• Jazz 3 years ago

• Kathy 3 years ago

When you said, "I was convinced that his style was too over-the-top and campy for widespread pop appeal" it was the rational that many writers used when Adam lost rather than looking into why Kris won. You still seem oblivious to the fact that Adam was always the more popular contestant and his win was taken by one state. The well documented book "American Idol Vote Scam" is a must read for anyone who does not know that Kris won with the help of his university, UCA and a rogue AT&T executive who taught power texting to a stadium full of people generating millions of votes. How could an ordinary singer beat Adam Lambert fairly?

• GlitternGlam 3 years ago

ADAM LAMBERT is breathtakingly brilliant! He is s SUPERSTAR
    and gives a mindblowing performance of perfection! Believe
    me I wouldn't have travelled thousands of miles to watch anyone
    else in the whole world!!! ADAM is a rare GEM, a SUPERSTAR.....
    whose music is magic.....the world loves this man!

• Donna Kent 3 years ago

Thanks everyone for all of the feedback. You Glamberts are really passionate about Adam! I'm honored to be one of you :)

• Phyllis 3 years ago

Wow, as if I weren't already totally psyched for Adam's appearance in Providence, your review is adding to the excitement! Thanks for the great vibes (and the awesome photos)!

• Shar 3 years ago

Great article! You sound like so many ppl who haven't seen Adam live. I was already a huge fan when I went to my first GlamNationTour show but oh my..from the second Adam walked on that stage I was mesmerized. He took my breath away so stunning, gorgeous and vocals were literally mind blowing. Adam is a "one of a kind" performer that you rarely find but every 40-50 years. It's hard to compare his brillance to other celebrities because he is so unique. I have to see him perfom one more time in September in Tunica.

• Pam 3 years ago

Adam Lambert is absolutely brilliant. Period. If you haven't seen him live, get a ticket. If you haven't bought his cd yet, run out and buy it now. He's totally electrifying on stage and his cd is filled with unique, high-quality, well-song tunes that will blow your mind. Different? Yes, in all the best possibly ways.

• Becky 3 years ago

Firstly - your photos are stunning!!!!
    Second - welcome to the Glamily! :-) Adam is a rare gem, and I'm glad you enjoyed the concert. I've been to 2 so far, and have 2 left to go. Seeing him just once was not enough.

• Maggie 3 years ago

My 4 year old nephew and I have been Adam fans since we saw him on American idol. We listen to his CD in the car and at home. I have taped his appearaces and performances and watch them every chance we can He know the words to all his songs. His first concert was to see Adam on Tuesday. We were in front of the stage . It was awesome! All you here around this household is Adam1 Adam1 Adam!

• Circe 3 years ago

Amazing pictures and good review.

Today's top buzz...

• Jack White
    Reddit users have fun photoshopping an angry Jack White at a Cubs game
    Music Buzz
  • Kliff Kingsbury
    Kliff Kingsbury reads a series of flattering tweets praising his good looks
    Video
    Today's Buzz
  • Jamaal Charles
    Kansas City Chiefs make Jamaal Charles the second highest paid running back in NFL
    NFL Buzz
  • Slash
    Slash and The Conspirators crush it at Hard Rock, AP Awards
    Camera
    20 Photos
  • Monks of Mellonwah
    Exclusive interview: Monks of Mellonwah talk music, touring and more
    Camera
    9 Photos
  • Nikki Bella
    How will fans react if the WWE decides to turn Nikki Bella into a heel?
    Camera