Don't be surprised if guests at your backyard summer soiree expect more than burgers and hot dogs. With the help of a GE Monogram® grill and menu recommendations from Monogram Experience Center Chefs Brian Logsdon and Joe Castro, you can create a fine dining experience by the pool by using your free-standing or built-in grill.
A trend among home chefs for 2013 is restaurant-quality food at home, according to Fun Facts about Barbeque. Hearth, Patio, and Barbeque Association. "To achieve the best results, you need the right tools. GE Monogram grills give you the opportunity to prepare a meal you'd find in a high-end restaurant without sacrificing the relaxation that comes from a get-together in your backyard," said Chef Brian.
Simple, casual and chic barbeque menu
Chefs Brian and Joe recommend the following dishes to let your Monogram grill's best features shine.
- Summer rotisserie chickens rubbed down with Old Bay® seasoning, roasted on the Monogram rotisserie burner: The ceramic-infrared rotisserie's three-speed motor turns the meat for even browning so you can enjoy your guests without hovering over the grill. To garner a smoky flavor, add wood chips to the smoker box on select models.
- Corn Maque Choux prepared using the Monogram's reversible-grate wok holder: To prepare the corn dish, simply flip the reversible grates to snugly hold your wok. "Most people don't think about using a wok outdoors," says Brandon Hochhalter, marketing manager, GE Monogram. "It's that kind of design that makes Monogram the Swiss Army Knife of fine outdoor cooking."
- Grilled asparagus lightly charred on the Monogram's high-output burners at 15,000 BTUs: The high-output burners will do wonders for grilled veggies, such as asparagus. "You'll get a nice crispness versus limp, heated-through foods," said Chef Brian.
GE Monogram grills bring restaurant quality outdoors with several additional features.
- Even radiant heat: Tenderloin and local vegetables cook evenly thanks to the distinctive, stainless steel Gourmet Radiant™ baffle system above U-tube burners. The system sustains even heat distribution across the entire grilling surface and reduces flare-ups from dripping juices.
- Counterbalanced canopy: Easily access food items under the stainless steel canopy that raises and lowers with a light touch.
- Easy ignition: The electronic ignition system makes grill activation as simple as pressing a knob control—so your guests aren't left waiting to eat.
- Integrated LED illumination: Allows for grilling at any time, day or night.
- Outdoor living accessories: With features that include a stainless steel smoker box, removable cutting board, basting pan, stainless steel burner cover and a vinyl cover for weather protection, enhanced Monogram professional grills are an all-in-one cooking station.
- The Monogram grill, with thoughtful storage space that can hold plates, cutlery and linens, makes it easy to entertain guests outdoors.
Availability and pricing
Built-in and free-standing grills in sizes ranging from 30" to 42" are available nationwide where Monogram appliances are sold. Customers can search for a dealer near them on www.monogram.com. MSRP is $1,299 for the dual burner outdoor cooktop (ZGU122NPSS), and MSRP ranges from $4,199 (ZGG300NBPSS) to $7,499 (ZGG420LCPSS) for outdoor cooking center models.*
To learn more about Monogram's other appliances that can enhance your outdoor living space, visit the http://www.monogram.com.