Accessories aren't just for women. Men can reflect their personality and flair for fashion just as women do in the accessories they choose. Here are a few ways to accessorize the man in your life's wardrobe.
When it comes to men showing their sense of style in the workplace, it seems they have far fewer options than women. But there are a few ways they can amp up their style:
(1) The Tie: Ties are a great way to add color, texture and pattern to a suit and show off your personality. If you play it safe with your shirt and suit, use your tie to make your mark. Select a tie in a bright color or bold print to show some fashion flare.
(2) The Watch: If ever there was a token of flashiness that has had its day, the big watch is it. In the past, watches were a status symbol, a sign of your wealth and success. The younger generations have grown up with smart phones, iPad and laptops and have simply forgone wearing a watch. However, it is still a great accessory to amp up your look. When selecting a watch, go simple and go strong. A simple leather band or stainless steel model will match just about everything.
(3) The Shoe: The more basic the design, the more versatile the shoe. The general rule of style is to match your cuff to your shoe, meaning if you wear black slacks, you should opt for black shoes. But rules are made to be broken, so why not try something different and choose a shoe in a color such as oxblood, blue -- or whatever you fancy. With blue, brown, or light colored suits, the most versatile style of shoe is dark-brown lace-ups.
(4) Cuff Links: Many men assume cuff links are for formal wear only, however, this is not the case. Cuff links add a touch of class and many European businessmen wear them regularly. Some men complain about the difficulty of using cuff links, but a little practice can make you a pro. A great option, look for shirts with "convertible cuffs", which means they can be buttoned or worn with cuff links.
(5) The Pocket Square: It appears as if the pocket square goes in and out of style on a pretty regular basis. Now they are back and a great way to change up your look. When shopping for pocket squares, look for something in an unexpected shade that plays off a minor color in either your tie or jacket. And did you know there are more than a few ways to fold a pocket square? Try more than 14! Check out the video attached to the article to see The Tampa Fashion and Beauty Examiner demonstrate several ways to change it up quickly and easily.
Note: All the accessories shown in the video, except the shoes, were from Nordstrom Department Store located at International Mall in Tampa, and Ross Discount Retailer located in Clearwater Mall.