After a long season filled with unexpected finishes in the Atlantic Coast Conference, it’s time for the 2014 ACC Tournament, as Notre Dame and Wake Forest meet in first-round game that’s part of ESPN2’s TV and live streaming schedule for this afternoon.
According to a March 12, 2014 SBN report, Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, N.C., will be the site for this opening-round matchup between the 13th seeded (15-16, ACC: 6-12) Notre Dame Fighting Irish and the No.12 team in the ACC Tournament 2014, the (16-15, ACC: 6-12) Wake Forest Demon Deacons.
Opening tipoff is scheduled for 1:10 p.m. EST (12:10 p.m. CST/11:10 a.m. MST/10:10 a.m. PST), and as stated above, will be broadcast live on ESPN2. NCAA basketball fans can also watch this game on a desktop and a number of mobile Internet devices courtesy of Watch-ESPN and ESPN3 live stream online.
Notre Dame and Wake Forest met just once during the regular season, with the Deacons coming away with a 65-58 victory on Jan. 25 in Winston-Salem. Devin Thomas led the way for the home team with 21 points, while Travis McKie poured in with 14 and Coron Williams pitched in with 10.
The Demon Deacons beat the Irish seemingly in every facet of the game, including field-goal and free-throw percentage, as well as a significant edge in the 3-point shooting department.
Thus, it comes as a bit of a surprise that NCAA basketball oddsmakers give Notre Dame the nod in the betting department. Las Vegas points spreads list the Fighting Irish as -4-point favorites against Wake Forest, while the OVER/UNDER totals 136½ points.
ATS Action Prior to ESPN2 TV Schedule Time
- Notre Dame spread: 53 percent.
- Wake Forest spread: 47 percent.
- OVER: 88 wagers.
- UNDER: 140 wagers.
Trends Prior to Watch-ESPN Live Stream Online
- Fighting Irish are 6-2 ATS in their last 8 neutral-site games.
- Fighting Irish are 1-3-1 ATS in their last 5 games against teams with winning straight-up records.
- Fighting Irish are 5-16-1 ATS in their last 22 versus fellow Atlantic Coast Conference foes.
- Demon Deacons are 6-1 ATS in their last 7 games against a team with a losing straight-up record.
- Demon Deacons are 16-35 ATS in their last 51 neutral-site games.
- Demon Deacons are 2-5 ATS in their last 7 Wednesday games.