Skip to main content
Report this ad

See also:

ABQ Global Entertainment joins the epic film production on the life of Sacajawea

ABQ Global Entertainment, LLC, a film production company based in Albuquerque, New Mexico, and owned by Lainie S. Quirk and Ivan Wiener, joins the Windcatcher Entertainment production team of screenwriter and producer, Jane L. Fitzpatrick and Native American adviser and producer, Chief Whispering Raven.

ABQ Global Entertainment
Lainie S. Quirk

Quirk and Wiener, Co-Founders and Co-Executive Producers of the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience (AFME) bring their New Mexico resources in the film and business communities to the incredible feature film production, Windcatcher: The Story of Sacajawea. This film will focus on the most famous but least known Native American woman in history.

The Lewis and Clark expedition was a treacherous journey across the land to the Pacific Ocean and back in 1804-06. Sacajawea was a significant member of this Corps of Discovery. Her ability to secure horses for the mountainous trek and her knowledge of the land brought them success, which they may not have otherwise achieved. She was a young, Native girl who walked in beauty, oneness and peace. This is a story that has never been told.

“It’s an honor to join the production team of Windcatcher,” said Lainie S. Quirk and Ivan Wiener. “Our goal with both AFME and ABQ Global Entertainment is to continue to raise the profile of filmmaking in New Mexico and be a significant contributor to economic impact with extraordinary storytelling at both companies.”

The production team is currently working with investors to finalize funding and go into pre-production. Eighty percent (80%) of the film will be shot in New Mexico, with the remaining twenty percent (20%) at the historical locations along the Columbia River in the Pacific Northwest, and Idaho, along the Snake River area and Salmon River, where Sacajawea was born -- the land of the Agai’dika Shoshone Nation.

ABQ Global Entertainment and AFME work to create oneness through the power of film, media and the arts. They believe stories shape and enlighten who we are culturally and what we do individually, collectively and for the planet.

AFME, the largest and most popular film festival in New Mexico, is a socially conscious and impactful event that represents creative achievement in film, music, arts and entertainment. The programming focuses on new media and technology, domestic and international movies, food and art, engaging conversations, panels and face-to-face time with industry leaders.

ABQ Global specializes in producing short movies, documentaries and feature films. The Windcatcher project will be an international success with the widespread passion around the world for Native American stories and culture.

Click here for more information on the feature film, Windcatcher: The Story of Sacajawea, ABQ Global and the Albuquerque Film & Music Experience.

Report this ad