1. Life
  2. Religion & Spirituality
  3. Western Religions

Abortion: Only one reason to oppose it

Photo from: bibleprobe.com

Abortion is controversial to the American people. People have very strong views about the issue. The only reason, is that it is a issue of life and death.

Leftist political leaders have been able to propagate a clever rationale in the last few years that blurs the lines of the issue. It is said that they personally disagree with abortions and would never have one, however they don’t want to oppose others that may not see it their way. So according to this logic, each person has the right to make this determination on their own, whatever the choice, it’s fine with them.

This rationale has been picked up by many in the public not fully understanding that this type of logic makes no sense at all. However, this propaganda is a fraud.

Please consider the plain truth

If the baby really is just tissue matter as the abortionists claim, why would anyone in their right mind oppose the removal of tissue from the body. This happens everyday in hospitals with no protest from anyone.

Deep to the root of the debate, there are not a handful of reasons to oppose an abortion. There is, in fact, only one reason. If you personally do not agree with abortions, it would not be because you see the baby as mere tissue. It all hinges on one base aspect from which all the other issues sprout. So there are no good reasons to personally oppose abortions unless you believe that one element to be true. That element is that the baby is a real life, a person for which you see no need to kill.

Why did some risk their life in an effort to stop the brutal beating of Reginald Denny in the 1992 Los Angeles riots? They saw someone on TV that they did not know and had never seen before, yet they went out into the riots to do something about it. They saw life. A real human life and they could relate to Denny’s pain. And it was not just fine and dandy in the minds of those that helped Denny, for thugs to make a choice of their own that Denny’s life needed to end no mater how angry they were at the moment.

This happens over and over again when it comes to human life hanging in the balance. People see a real human about to die and they do something about it. They jump into cold icy waters or run into a building that is on fire. They spend all night looking under a mountain of snow for one they saw covered by an avalanche.

Why? Why take these risks?

It’s not because those seen in harm’s way were viewed as tissue matter and not a real person. It’s because they saw life and they saw life as a precious gift of God and worth saving.

To say you are “personally” for life, but care not if others choose to take life is but a sham of a high degree. The propaganda of this rationale is indeed a fraudulent claim and must be exposed for what it is. Stop trying to fool people who see your true colors. You cannot have it both ways.

The fact is, God knows us while we are yet in our mother’s womb.

Psalm 139

13 For You formed my inward parts; You covered me in my mother’s womb.

14 I will praise You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made; Marvelous are Your works, And that my soul knows very well.

15 My frame was not hidden from You, When I was made in secret, And skillfully wrought in the lowest parts of the earth.

16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

Comments

• Keiki Hendrix 4 years ago

Great Article. Thank you for posting this.

• Sheryl, Tampa Faith and Politics Examiner 4 years ago

Well done, James. Great title! Heart-wrenching photo. I just used the same scripture in my article. x-19341-Tampa-Faith--Politics-Examiner~y2010m1d19-Sanctity-of-Human-Life-Sunday-Help-in-Tampa-for-unexpected-pregnancy.

• David DeCook 4 years ago

Nice and simple. Just blow the smoke away and there it is...baby killing.

• Judy Moyer 4 years ago

Amen! Let the truth be known!

• John Yegge - Spokane Catholic Examiner 4 years ago

Thank you for writing this James. It must be made clear that this is an evil we can't continue. I heard one sociologist note that pro-life Americans are growing by 1% per year because they have kids and pro-abortion Americans don't. Statistically it is the case.

John

• Evangelical Examiner 4 years ago

Great article, James! I recently had a comment on one of my articles about Roe vs. Wade and the comment was.... (If you define lumps of cells "lives").

Now that's all fine and dandy, but the only cells that can divide to make other cells finally forming a complete human being are LIVE CELLS!

I always go back to the book of Genesis when God breathed life into Adam. It was instant, didn't take 9 months.

Keep up the good work!

• Keiki Hendrix (Christian Books Examiner) 4 years ago

This is awesome. My husband wrote a song based on Psalms 139 for me. Every time I read that passage I hear that song. Thank you for your support of the unborn.

• Sexist 4 years ago

If women are denied the right to have control over their bodies then men who be denied the right to masterbate unless their contribution will be used for procreation. Otherwise men should also be arrested for wasting "POTENTIAL" life. That makes aboout as much sense as your pro-life bable.

• PRO-life 4 years ago

you should do a study on how many hardcore pro-life women go in and have abortions curse the Dr. doing the procedure and then take to the streets in protest again like nothing ever happened. NoW that is what i call SICK. And dont think this doesnt happen, because it happens way more than you will ever know.

• Calvinist Examiner 4 years ago

Hello Sexist and thanks for your reply.

You said..
    "If women are denied the right to have control over their bodies"
    I and other people that see life as a gift from God, do not wish to deny rights, unless the choice is to kill. At that point you place no value on life. We stand for the rights of men and ladies, as well as boys and girls. We don't see life of any kind trash.

BTW.."POTENTIAL" life is not life. Ask any child what that picture is at the beginning of the story, and unless they have been programmed by those that see babies as trash, I bet they can tell you its a baby. You see, they have no agenda.

• Calvinist Examiner 4 years ago

Hello Pro-life,

There is only one reason that anyone would...well...I'm sure you read the column. Therefore the logic does not hold, though I'm sure you wish you could prove it.

Peace..james

• Calvinist Examiner 4 years ago

Hello Pro-life,

Peace..james

• Pro-life 4 years ago

@ Calvinist Examiner:

Yes, staff members and Dr. from the clinics have talked about the many "pro-life" clinets they serve on a regular basis. Maybe you just wish the whole pro-life movement wasnt full of a bunch of mysogynistic hypocrites... I am not pro abortion.. but i am pro choice.. and yes there is a difference. No one ever plans to have an abortion in their life, but if the WOMAN decides it is the best decision she can live with, that is her business and HER CHOICE. Just like it is her choice whether she wants to keep it or give it up for adoption....

• Calvinist Examiner 4 years ago

Hello pro-life,

I fail to see your point. If anyone, anyone at all, takes a babies life when their life is not at stack, it is wrong. I'm sure you had a doctor or two tell you that pro-lifers kill babies only to have pictures. But the fact remains that to this day there is not proof of that. NONE!!

Still, even if that is true, which the pictures tell the story. Its a baby.

So they are wrong...and all others are wrong for killing them.
    You stand for YOUR RIGHTS!! DEMAND THEM. Does a baby have a right to live? We don't see life of any kind as trash.

Peace...James

• T 4 years ago

I dont really think it is a man's place to tell women whether they should be able to have access to abortions considering a man can never be pregnat or give birth. It is and always will be a woman's issue. Until men are prosecuted for abandoning their walking out on their pregant women or newborn infants abotrion still still be a womans choice. its not fair to say that women should have this burden forced upon them and the men can just walk away...