Well that was fast; the first show of the season has been canceled. On Friday, October 4, Entertainment Weekly broke the news that ABC’s drama comedy “Lucky 7” has been canceled and pulled from the network’s line-up.
Not only is this the first show to be canceled this season, but “Lucky 7” has been given the boot after only two episodes. According to the source, networks typically wait at least three weeks to make a decision, but not this time. “Lucky 7” premiered with 4.4 million viewers last week on September 24. The second episode, which aired this past Tuesday, only brought in 2.6 million viewers. With an adult demo rating at 0.7, it ranked the lowest-rated show.
“Lucky 7” followed a group of gas station coworkers that play and win the lottery. Thinking their all of their problems are now solved, they realize that they now have more issues than they started with. Well, they will no longer have to worry about any of that since the show has been cut.
Reruns of “Scandal” have been placed to fill in the time slot left behind by “Lucky 7,” until a new show debuts.
If you’re into spoilers, check out:
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 4 spoilers: Episode 1 and 2 reviews released
- ‘The Walking Dead’ spoilers: In what episode will The Governor appear?
- 'Breaking Bad' spoilers: Finale, episode 16 'Felina' recap
- ‘The Walking Dead’ spoilers: Synopses for episodes 1–4, new photos, and casting
- ‘Captain America’ sequel spoilers: Black Widow and Captain America relationship?