Next Saturday February 8, 2014, A1 Boxing (700 S. Buckley Road in Aurora) will host an intriguing and innovative amateur boxing show titled 'Sadie-Hawkins Day Female Boxing Show' highlighting female competitors (male competitors encouraged to participate) organized by Coach Paul ‘Chino’ Sanchez and rising local female professional boxer Kirstie Simmons.
This primary focus on female amateur boxers hopes to give these young Colorado women more exposure and experience as they prepare for local, regional and national competition.
Ticket prices are reasonably priced at $12 for adults and $7 for kids, with more information available by calling: 303-696-2694.
- Amorena Baca (Team 20th Street) vs Jen Hamann (from Seattle, coach Tricia Turton)
- Jennifer Caquelin (A1 Boxing) vs Ana Castano (coach Fareed Rafeeq)
- Toni Juarez (A1 Boxing) vs Cecilia Martinez (Grudge Gym)
- Marcia Quinoes (Champion Boxing) vs Samanth Gilliland (coach Brian Scraper)
- Crista Williams (coach Owens Taylor) vs Bailey Winters (coach Brian Scraper)
- Shelley Neally (coach Owens Taylor) vs Noamy Clark (Club Cobra)
- Xochit Salcido (Brotherhood) vs Alea Hills (Team 20th Street)
LOOKING FOR MATCHUPS:
- Monica Garcias 10 years old-70 lb -10 bouts (Team Nebraska)
- Lizbeth Garcias 10 years old -65 lb-11 bouts (Team Nebraska)
- Jackeline Garcias 10 years old -60 lb- 5 bouts (Team Nebraska)
- Eliciana 13 years old - 109 lb- 1 bout (Chavez Boxing)
- Katelyn Glenn 13-14 years old - 127 lb - 6 bouts (A1 Boxing)
- Diana Gallegos 16 years old - 115 lb - 2 bouts (House of Pain)
- Marrisa Ayon 30 years old - 165 - 3 bouts (contact Lisa Ayon)
- Hanna Turlep 142 lb - Open – (A1 Boxing)
- Stacy Vegas 25 years-old -125-132 lbs - 9bouts (coach Eloy Ybarra)
For more information on pre-matches or interest in matching, contact Coach Paul ‘Chino’ Sanchez at: 720-885-7985.
**The previous Colorado Golden Gloves release regarding requirements for participation in the Colorado Golden Gloves State Boxing Tournament, March 26-29 at the Crowne Plaza Event Center, I-70 & Chambers, incorrectly stated Novice division boxers ‘having 5 bouts or less’ when it should have read having ‘10 bouts or less’, per Colorado Golden Gloves Chairman, Jesse Mora.
Hopefully this correction alleviates some concern amongst coaches and boxers looking to participate in the 2014 Colorado Golden Gloves State Tournament.
Congratulations to the 2014 National Football League World Champion Seattle Seahawks, their performance over the Denver Broncos in Super Bowl XLVIII definitely 'one for the ages' as their youth, speed and coaching staff dominated the game in every aspect, them winning 43-8.