I asked around to get advice on the best places to get a great hamburger. I have a few favorites myself, but I discovered some more that I definitely need to try out. You can be sure, though, you are getting the real thing, NOT what's featured in the video!
- Five Guys – this was on my list already, but others also deem it a favorite. They have three locations in Jacksonville, as well as numerous locations in Florida including Orange Park, Daytona and Merritt Island. My favorite is the Little Bacon Cheeseburger; delicious but not too big. They have a list of 15 toppings to choose from.
- Steamin’ – this original, local-family-owned spot not only has steamed burgers, but Fatdogs, fried pickles, craft beer, music nights, and Trivia nights. If you have a BIG appetite, check out The Fat Boy Challenge HERE.
- The Loop Pizza Grill – This restaurant can only be found in Florida and North Carolina. The “loop 'n bleu burger” is a favorite of many. There are six locations in Jacksonville, plus Fernandina Beach, Neptune Beach and Orange Park.
- Blackstone Grille- Located at Bartram Oaks Park, their Grilled Angus Burger comes with cheddar cheese, herbed aioli, tomato, onion, lettuce, and caramelized onions.
- Capitol Grill- This restaurant at the St. Johns Town Center has a Signature Cheeseburger that is a made from Chopped Sirloin, Smoked Bacon and Sweet Onions.
- Ted’s Montana Grill – also at the town center and in Orange Park, you can find a wide variety of burgers that come in either beef or bison.
- M Shack – a locate sensation, owned by the Medure brothers – Matthew & David – they serve burgers made with all natural, hormone-free beef ground fresh daily. There are two locations: Atlantic Beach and the St. John Town Center