Vitamins in a gummy form; is the new rage from traditional hard to swallow multi-vitamin tablets. They are easy to chew, taste great, have many sweet flavors and provide the same nutrients as other marketed multi-vitamins.
The development of these gummy vitamins was a wonderful idea especially for individuals who have trouble swallowing pills. For them and children it is a lot easier to chew their vitamin tablet than trying not to choke while swallowing their daily dose.
While it is easier to consume it is also easy to overdose on these gummy vitamins too. Gummy type vitamins don’t work exactly like traditional vitamin pills. The gummy versions aren’t water-soluble and can’t be flushed through your system through your urine.
The recommended dose is to take depends upon the brand that is purchased. Some brands state on gummy is enough to provide 100 percent of the vitamins and minerals needed daily. Other brands may request two gummies are needed to get the daily value from their gummy vitamins.
Children as well as adults may be tempted to consume more than the daily allotment described on the package label. When taking more than the recommended dose, you’re consuming more fat-soluble vitamins such as A, D, E and K which can essentially increase your risk of overdosing from the vitamins you are taking.
Symptoms vary from individual to individual when it pertains to an overdose of vitamins. Some symptoms may include nausea, muscle weakness and fatigue. These aren’t the symptoms anyone wants to deal with and defeats the purpose of taking vitamins for health improvement and energy in the first place.
Always take the recommended dose and don’t deter from those numbers. They are there for a reason.
Enjoy healthy living!
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news or health story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Healthy Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: