Detroit area vegan “meet up” group Adventures in Veganland is hosting their 3rd annual “A Very Vegan Thanksgiving Potluck” event. The pre-Thanksgiving potluck takes place at Total Health Foods in Wyandotte on Sun., Nov. 24 from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. Everyone is invited to this free event; just bring a vegan dish to pass. This is a great way to get ideas about what to serve for Thanksgiving dinner if vegan family members will be attending.
This event was created by Adventures in Veganland’s founder and director Patti Radakovich (a.k.a. Veggie Patti). Veggie Patti is host of the TV show “Here’s to Your Health!” She specializes in educating people about healthy living, managing chronic illnesses, and specialized diets such as vegan, vegetarian, raw food, gluten-free, grain-free, etc. Patti teaches classes, gives lectures, and does “question and answer” sessions about these topics, as well as living with food allergies and/or sensitivities. She also offers individual consultations. Contact Patti at her website VeggiePatti.com.
For those who would like to attend, go to the event page on Facebook and click to join the event. Then post a comment saying who is attending. Guidelines are as follows:
- Guests should bring a dish that is vegan and serves at least eight people.
- Bring printouts of the recipe for the dish so others can make it for their family Thanksgiving dinners.
Dishes can be from the following categories:
- Vegan: No meat, fish, seafood, dairy, eggs, or honey.
- Vegan Gluten-free: Please follow all vegan guidelines plus no wheat, oats, or other gluten-containing products.
- Raw: Please follow guidelines above, plus all food should be raw, i.e., not cooked over 105 degrees.
Not sure what to bring? Just ask! To be eco-friendly, please consider bringing non-disposal plates and utensils from home.
Vegan or vegan-friendly restaurants, chefs, and caterers are also welcome to join the event. It’s a great opportunity to reach potential customers and let them sample some dishes. Please email Patti at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up.
For more information please click here to visit the event page on Facebook, or contact Veggie Patti via the email above, or call (734) 246-1208.