As Valentine's Day approaches, we are both happy and stressed. Here are some thoughts for people in love who are in a relationship that is stressed and for singles who are already feeling blue about hearts and flowers day. And here is a list of advice articles on love and on infidelity.
Love advice: Valentine's Day for stressed couples and singles
Relationship a little rocky? Follow these steps and then for an entire day, walk, talk, think, and act as if you are in love with the most wonderful person in the world.
For stressed out couples:
- Start today to fall in love again.
- Paste a picture of you and your love on the refrigerator in which you both are smiling happily.
- Focus on that picture for 10 minutes.
- Write out what you love best about your love.
- Write out three reasons why you fell in love.
Think positively. And think of something special to do for Valentine’s Day. (See link for full article.)
For singles, you can enjoy the day by starting now:
Find ways to show a no-strings-attached love to family, to friends, even to strangers. For those looking at Valentine’s Day with the same anxiety as “Will I have a date on New Year’s Eve?” take heart, take control.
- Invite your friends over for a champagne and strawberries party.
- Send cards to your best female friends.
- Fill a love cup with gratitude notes to someone whom you care about.
- Ask a friend to come by and stay home encouraging one another to write long overdue "thank you" notes.
- Have an old-fashioned pajama and watch movies all night that make you laugh until you cry.
Make a plan. Take the initiative to turn this Valentine's day into one of laughter and happiness.
Love advice tips
- Love advice: 4 tips for New Year happiness
- Love advice: 3 ways to fondness when a partner irritates you
- Love advice: To be forgiving and grateful, try these 4 steps
- Love advice: A hug and a warm mug
- Love note: Valentine's Day for stressed out couples
Love and infidelity advice
- Love advice: 5 ways to defeat infidelity - National
- Love advice: Infidelity affects 22 percent, ignore hyped
- Love advice: Believe 4 top reasons men say they cheat -
- Love advice: Save your marriage even in the face of infidelity
- Love advice: Never file an infidelity lawsuit, 6 reasons why
Note: I'll be moving my stories about celebrities to Celebrity Love & Marriage. Will send you a link after my first column. Thank you for your faithful following. Happiness/ R
Copyright 2014 Rita Esposito