This recipe is a real crowd pleaser and makes a great first impression. You can bake them several at a time or as needed so they are always hot and fresh.
Grown Up Pigs In Blankets
· 8 4oz cooked sausages, uncured if possible, chicken or turkey if preferred.
· 8 4x4” frozen puff pastry squares
· ½ cup chopped fresh herbs (parsley, chives, sage, rosemary, thyme or any combination thereof)
· one beaten egg
· 8 oz sauerkraut
· 2 oz mustard
· 4 oz Asiago, Muenster or Fontina cheese
· preheat oven to 375F
· lightly brush puff pastry squares with egg
· top pastry squares with chopped herbs
· place a sausage, some cheese, sauerkraut and mustard diagonally on pastry
· roll corner to corner to envelop filling
· lightly brush outside of rolled pastry dough with beaten egg and refrigerate
· bake until dough is golden brown and sausages are hot, approximately 8-10 minutes
Vinology was recently named one of two Michigan restaurants and one of 100 in America, to make the OpenTable 2013 Diners’ Choice Award winners for the Top 100 Restaurants with the Most Notable Wine Lists.