The weather may be dreary in your neck of the woods. And no tropical vacation looms in your future. But mouthwatering tropical fruit bars to the rescue. Your taste buds will be whisked away to a tropical delight from the very first bite of these tasty treats.
The tropical fruit bars are a Pillsbury Bake-off winner. The white chunk macadamia cookie crust host a Eagle Brand condensed milk mixture of yummy tropical fruits,nuts, coconut and sweet vanilla chips. Bake a pan of tropical fruit bars soon. Fill your kitchen with the delightful aroma of a tropical treat. And be ready to make your weather weary soul happy.
Tropical Fruit Bars
- 1 package (18 ounce) big refrigerated white chunk macadamia cookies
- 1 can (14 ounce) Eagle Brand Condensed Milk
- 1 (6 ounce) container pina-colada low-fat yogurt
- 1 bag (6-7 ounce) mixed tropical dried fruits
- 1 jar (6 ounce) dry-roasted macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 3/4 cup white vanilla baking (chips) 4 1/2 ounces
- 1 cup flaked coconut
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 13x9 pan with shortening or cooking spray. Place cookie dough rounds in pan. With floured fingers, press dough to form crust.
- In medium bowl, mix condensed milk and yogurt until well blended. Spread over crust to edges of pan. Sprinkle with remaining ingredients in order listed.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool completely. About an 1 hour 30 minutes. Cut into 6 rows by 6 rows. Store in refrigerator.