Manzano Mesa Multigenerational Center hosted a trip to the Santa Fe National Cemetery.
We had a great time after an hour's drive. All passengers and the driver took an individual tour of the cemetery. The office had a list for us to look up names to find where they were buried or stored after cremation.
The beautiful Santa Fe National Cemetery is located at 501 N. Guadalupe Street in Santa Fe, NM. The cemetery is open to visitors during daylight hours. The administrative offices hours are Monday through Friday from 8:00am to 4:30pm, closed on all Federal holidays except for Memorial Day. For information: contact the cemetery office at 505-988-6400 or the Department of Veterans Affairs website. Remember to be respectful to all of our military men and women, and their families.
Come along for a beautiful journey via the slideshow.
The Santa Fe National Cemetery is on the northwest end of Santa Fe, NM.
Directions from MMMC in Albuquerque, NM:
301 Elizabeth St SE
Albuquerque, NM 87123
1. Head north on Elizabeth St SE toward Acoma Rd SE
2. Take the 3rd left onto Central Ave SE
3. Take the 1st right onto Eubank Blvd NE
4. Turn left onto the Interstate 40 W ramp
5. Merge onto I-40 W
6. Take exit 159B-159C for I-25 S/I-25 N toward Las Cruces/Santa Fe
7. Take exit 159C to merge onto I-25 N toward Santa Fe
8. Take exit 282A-282B for US-84 N/St Francis Dr toward US-285 N/Santa Fe Plaza
9. Merge onto US-285 N/US-84 W/S St Francis Dr
10. Turn right onto Sabino St
11. Turn left to stay on Sabino St
12. Turn left onto N Guadalupe St
Destination will be on the right
Cemetery: Santa Fe National Cemetery
501 N Guadalupe St
Santa Fe, NM 87501