Today, to celebrate National Tortilla Chip Day, let’s look at the many ways tortilla chips can be eaten. Certainly, they are a tasty snack and great as a chip for numerous dips; but also they add a textured dimension to many recipes – such as a crunchy topping for meatloaf, crab cakes and burgers or as part of the patty itself.
Here is a super easy and delicious recipe to celebrate this crisp chip on National Tortilla Chip Day.
Mustard Glazed Chicken Paillard with a Crispy Tortilla Chip Crust
- 4 skinned boneless chicken breasts pounded to about 1/8” thickness
- ¼ cup plain yogurt or sour cream
- 2 Tbsp. stone-ground or whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup tortilla chips crushed into coarse crumbs
- Freshly ground pepper
- Sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- Lemon slices for garnish
- Salt and pepper thinly pounded chicken breasts rubbing the seasonings into the breast
- Mix the mustard, yogurt and lemon juice together in small bowl
- Spread mixture evenly on one side of the breast
- Rub tortilla chip crumbs over coated breast
- Heat olive oil in heavy skillet and place coated side of breast down
- Sauté breast for about 3 minutes
- Remove from skillet and coat other side of breast and top with tortilla crumbs
- Return to skillet freshly coated side down and sauté for another 3 minutes or until fully cooked
- Squeeze more lemon juice over chicken and serve immediately with a lemon slice as garnish
Serves four. Enjoy!
Enjoy this article? For up-to-the-date food news, recipes and an inside look at great restaurants and events, please enter your e-mail address above to receive e-mail alerts and be sure to visit me visit Shore Region Restaurant Examiner and TastefulLiving.net