Going out to dinner can be a jovial occasion. Sometimes the best part of the meal is conversation around the table. With Olive Garden's smaller plates everyone can enjoy a variety of food and animated conversation around the table.
- Polenta Shrimp alla Greca (“Small Plates”) – Sautéed shrimp served on creamy polenta and topped with a fresh blend of olives, capers and tomato sauce.
- Risotto Bites (“Small Plates”) – Bite-sized blend of Italian cheeses and rice, lightly fried and served in marinara sauce.
- Parmesan Olive Fritta (“Small Plates”) – Blend of olives and Italian cheeses rolled together and served with a choice of citrus aïoli or gorgonzola cream dipping sauce.
- Spicy Calabrian Wings (appetizer) – Chicken wings tossed with garlic and chili peppers from the Italian region of Calabria, served with gorgonzola dipping sauce. Increase the heat by adding our signature Calabrian chili paste. Available for a limited time.
- Roasted Tomato Caprese Salad Topper – Fresh mozzarella bites, roasted tomato, bell pepper, basil, kale and an extra-virgin olive oil drizzle.
While all these dishes are delicious, a personal favorite is the Polenta Shrimp. The polenta is creamy and the perfect backdrop to the briny shrimp. The serving size is enough to share with a friend or used as a small entree. The combination of polenta and shrimp is quite filling.
A second favorite is the Parmesan Olive Fritta. Fans of olives will embrace this salty, tangy olive dish. The citrus aioli is a wonderful bright pairing to the tangy olives.
Olive Garden has expanded many of its menu items. From these new appetizers and small plate to hearty entrees, Olive Garden appeases a wide variety of palates.