Another easy and delicious sandwich choice for lunch or dinner includes an updated version of a classic. On these wonderful long summer days, a quick but healthy meal can top off the day.
Try this upscale grilled cheese sandwich and add a bowl of piping tomato soup or a fresh and cooling summer gazpacho, if you must.
A Special Grilled Cheese Sandwich
- 2 slices fresh sourdough bread
- 3 ounces fresh sliced mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, minced
- 2 slices fresh, ripe tomato
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 1/2 teaspoon butter
- Layer a slice of bread with cheese, basil and tomato slices.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with another slice of bread.
- Spread outside of sandwich with softened butter.
- Cook in a preheated panini maker, indoor grill or skillet until bread is golden brown and cheese is melted.
- Serve with potato chips and/or a cup of tomato soup.
Makes one sandwich.