Paul McCartney (Photo by Ruth Ward. Copyright MPL
Just in case you haven't bothered to look at the Paul McCartney interview done by Entertainment Weekly that we first mentioned about a week ago and that has been quoted over and over in bits and bytes by internet newsies since, here's a summary and some observations from what little news was in it.
On the Beatles video game, he gave just a barest taste of a preview that really wasn't a preview, but it's been quoted like someone leaked the instruction book. "But I like the idea that it introduces kids to music. It’s a great thing to be immersed in. And you know, various ideas are always being brought to us [as the Beatles] where we look at it and decide, is it a good thing?" It really sounds like nothing much has been decided about the game beyond the fact that the Beatles are in it.
And when McCartney said they wanted to feature different periods of the group's music -- well, surprise, surprise! What else would you do?
As for the progress (or lack of it) with getting the group's music to iTunes, it's the same thing he's said before that negotiations with EMI are gridlocked and that the Beatles want it to happen. "I’d like to make it happen. Though I am not part of the negotiations, thank goodness," he said. Does that mean he's somewhat detached from them? Maybe that needs to change.
And McCartney said he still buys CDs. Someone has to.
Now about those remasters, Paul ...
- Beatle news briefs: London calling?
- Goldmine magazine compiles 10 years of Beatle issues on CD-ROM
- Beatle news briefs: We'll always have Paris (Hilton)
- Beatle news briefs: One last McCartney tale
- The Beatles' really big shew 45 years ago today (video!)
- GRAMMY UPDATE: Paul McCartney backstage and on stage in words and pictures
- GRAMMY UPDATE: Ringo, Paul strike out on three Grammy noms (with Paul photos)
- Our Beatles Grammy reference on Abbeyrd's Beatles Page
- GRAMMY PARTY: Paul McCartney attends Grammy pre-party honoring record mogul Clive Davis
- Beatle News Briefs: They came, we saw, they conquered; Grammy prediction (UPDATED)
- The Beatles conquer America, Part III: 'Ringo, I Love You' by Bonnie Jo Mason (aka Cher!)
- The Beatles conquer America, Part II: Those Beatle novelty songs!
- This day in Beatle history -- Feb. 7: the Beatles conquer America (video)
- Beatle news briefs: No lifetime Grammy?; Paul hits Vegas
- JUST IN: McCartney to headline grand opening of The New Joint at Hard Rock Hotel & Casino in Vegas
- Paul McCartney to Shia LaBeouf: Hello, goodbye
- This day in Beatles history: Feb. 6, a new Quarryman
- Beatle news briefs: A Colbert outtake; McCartney gets Sirius
- THIS JUST IN: Sirius/XM to launch Paul McCartney Fireman channel with unreleased tracks (updated)
- Beatle news briefs: McCartney deluxe Fireman set delay; Stella shirts update
- The Beatles once lost a Grammy to, um, 'Winchester Cathedral'?
- Beatle rarities: John, Paul, George and Buddy sing Buddy Holly (videos)
- EXCLUSIVE: A few very precious moments with Mary Hopkin ('Those Were the Days')
- Beatle news briefs: Abbey Road snowfall!
- EXCLUSIVE: A magical mystery tour to the site of the Beatles rooftop concert 40 years later
- Jan. 30, 1969: The day the Beatles went up on the roof (with memories from someone who was there)
- This just in: Paul McCartney, thenewno2 confirmed for Coachella Music Fest
- Julian and Sean Lennon performing together? Not true, says Julian
- Paul McCartney -- the sexiest man alive