Sometimes Lifestyle Examiner gets really great ideas from designers and other personalities and today is no exception. We really like this quick idea for a simple project that adds a punch to a good decor item.
A Mother’s Day DIY Project to Treasure: QVC Program Host Jill Bauer shares one of her Favorite Mother’s Day Gift Ideas
Give mom a gift she’ll cherish. This Mother’s Day, focus on spending quality time with the woman who means the most with a fun DIY project from QVC Program Host Jill Bauer. Perfect for kids (and adults!) of all ages, this simple but beautiful vase, and the time it takes to make it, is a gift mom will be sure to treasure. So this Mother’s Day, clear out the rainy day change jar and create memories that money can’t buy.
Coin-Covered DIY Vase
Tip: You can spray paint the vase any color and can use any type of coin you want—just be sure there is contrast between the colors, so that it pops!
What You’ll Need:
• 1 small thrift-store vase
• 1 can of black, gray or navy spray paint
• Jar full of pennies, nickels or dimes
• Hot glue gun and glue sticks
1. Spray paint your vase completely with a layer of black spray paint. Let it dry for about 2 hours.
2. Gather all your old nickels, pennies or dimes and start hot gluing them on your vase, moving from the base to the top.
QVC’s Jill Bauer:
Bauer hosts the network’s popular show, You’re Home with Jill and provides fans with simple solutions for their busy lives through innovative products, a library of stress-free DIY projects, and crowd-pleasing recipes. Check local listings to see when You’re Home with Jill airs. Fans can connect with Jill on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and Instagram @jillbauerqvc.