Preparing snacks for you family is fun especially when they are healthy and nutritious. Here is a great idea to share extra servings of fruits with everyone for the upcoming holiday, St. Patrick’s Day or any holiday and gathering for that matter.
A pot of gold at the end of the rainbow sounds delicious and is a healthy way of snacking after a large meal of corned beef, cabbage, potatoes and carrots. Sometimes a lighter dessert is just what we all look for when a meal is on the heavy side.
This is another great way to get your children involved in the celebration too. Once you have all the ingredients laid out and cut up have the kids create the rainbow in a large platter.
- Miniature marshmallows
- Rinse all the fruits (with the exception of the banana) under cool water and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Then cube the strawberries, cantalope and pineapple and set aside.
- Slice the banana and place the slices in a small dish and set that aside.
- Now have the children come in an create a rainbow with all the various cut up fruits.
- Add a handful of miniature marshmallows at the end of the rainbow arcs to resemble clouds.
- Then on one end of the rainbow of fruit add a small bowl filled with sliced bananas that now becomes the pot of gold.
- Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Add and subtract any fruits to create your own rainbow treat with a pot of gold at the end with those your family enjoys most.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.