Now is the time to start thinking about your plans for the New Year! Not where you plan to go, or what party you plan to attend, but what commitments are you going to make to yourself towards being healthy and fit.
Change doesn’t happen overnight nor is it spontaneous. Successful change happens with a plan and a purpose! Successful change happens when you make up your mind that you want your health and wellbeing to be a priority in your life.
Here are five tips to support your success in getting healthy and fit and making health a daily routine.
1. Make up your mind – A Can Do attitude is the key to your success – You must believe it, in order to achieve it. That means focus on material that will encourage and motivate you. This may not be the time to read or study new cuisines or cookbooks. Avoiding triggers is the best thing you can do at the beginning of a healthy change. Why? Temptation is everywhere, and your resistance may be compromised. Your Mind is the creator of thought, the your Brain is the receiver of thought. So the moment you get it any kind of information it is going to store it in a place that will either encourage or motivate, or search and destroy. A Course in Miracles teaches, “the moment you set an intention the Universe conspires to assist you.” That means, the good, the bad, and the ugly
2. For every bad habit you eliminate, replace it with a good habit that will motivate. Affirmations are great, but they mean nothing if you don’t have an action that follows. For example, affirm, IAM Healthy, Happy, and Filled With Vital Energy! That’s a great affirmation, as you are walking on the treadmill, or down the street! It means nothing is you are stuffing your face in front of the TV! Get it?
3. Stay in the moment – Don’t let anyone steal your dream. If your stomach is growling and you are feel hungry, ask yourself this question? Am I Living to Eat, or Am I Eating to Live. The great thing about eating healthy and raw is you can eat all the time. Fruits, nuts, veggies, are not only filling they make your insides to jumping jacks and cartwheels because they are so happy and full of good wholesome energy!
4. Forgive yourself and move on – Don’t self-sabotage when you fall short or deviate from your healthy and nutritional plan. BUT, Don’t let yourself off the hook either. If you must cheat, cheat in moderation. You can forgive yourself for eating a slice of pizza not a whole pizza. Get the meaning?
5. Be careful who you share your dreams with! Make a deal with yourself, minimize food dates with others who are may not be supportive to your commitment to getting healthy. It’s ok to eat by yourself, learn to enjoy your own company. You can listen to music, or read a book, do something that affirms your success.
Most importantly, thank yourself for making the decision, the decision to take care of the body that GOD has entrusted HIS Spirit to dwell within. Expressing GOD through a healthy body is the best gift you can give yourself.