A pizza party the entire family can enjoy for a fraction of the price of delivery.
The kids will have a blast helping out and being part of the process.
Buy your dough - Publix has great pizza dough in their Bakery Department. You can buy as many as you need and their prices will help keep your expenses down.
Buy your sauce - Buy your cheese - Buy your toppings
Follow these steps for a perfect pizza.
1. Allow your dough to sit out of the fridge for at least an hour. The dough will double or triple in size as it begins to rise, allow a longer time if your dough is partially frozen or does not double in size within an hour.
2. After your dough has at least doubled in size, place it in the refrigerator for at least 20 minutes or longer if you wish. This will help relax the yeast and make your dough easy to work with. Preparing your dough while still rising and warm will lead to an uneven consistency and make it harder to form a good round pie.
3. Place your dough on a large surface which has been lightly dusted with flour. Work your dough with your hands or a roller to make it into a pie. Don’t worry if it’s not pretty, it will still taste great. Place the dough on a pizza pan or pizza stone.
4. If you are not comfortable working or rolling your dough, place your dough on a greased pizza pan and simply flatten and spread it from the center to the edges of the pan until round. This will take some time but is a fool proof way to make a round pie.
5. Ad your Sauce, cheese and toppings and place your pizza in a preheated oven at 450 for 20 to 35 minutes depending on your toppings and the thickness of your pie.
6. When the cheese is melted, your toppings are bubbly and your crust is firm, place the pizza directly on the center rack of your oven for a few minutes to help firm and brown the bottom of your pie.
7. Allow to cool for a few minutes, slice and enjoy.
Have fun with your pizza. Experiment with different styles of sauces and toppings. Try a white sauce pizza or even a BBQ sauce pizza if you are really daring. Your toppings are only limited to your imagination and tastes.
You can even make a breakfast or dessert pie if you wish. Either way, the important thing is that you properly let your dough rise and then settle before working it into a pie.
Why not try a square pizza or form your dough into a heart or any other shape that you wish.
Publix Pizza dough is also great for Calzone’s and making Stromboli’s.
Either way, if you could have fun making 2 large pizzas for under $13, just imagine the possibilities. Making pizza is great fun for families, a great way to entertain friends and at these prices you can’t beat it as a party idea or great family meal.