This Saturday, Pagan Pathways Temple will be holding their "A night out with the Pagan Pathways Temple" event at Off The Beaten Path Books in Farmington from 6:00 pm to 10:00 pm. The first and only Steampunk inspired bookstore and Emporium in these parts, Off The Beaten Path Books is a local treasure that many are already frequenting. This will be your chance to meet the Temple Board and volunteers that are working together to make the vision of a building a reality. They promise a good time, with good people.
The venue has the following fare to attract you
"Cards Against Humanity tournament: $5 will get you a seat in the tournament. It will be a two round tournament, each round is one hour long. Only the top 2 players from each of the four tables will advance to the second round."
- DJ Tom Downey spinning music
- A silent auction
- A meet and greet with the Pagan Pathways Temple
- A raffle
- Baked goods starting at $1
- A 50/50 raffle
- General fellowship
- Two psychic readers. They will be charging $1/minute with a 20 minute maximum.
A real community bash, the people that have stepped up to support are a really great representation of the diversity of the Pagans, and Pagan friendly, in this area. As of the time of this article, Some of the donated items for the raffle include
- Local Pagan author Cindy Spencer Pape who donated 3 e-books for the raffle
- Knight Light Candles and Imports has donated 5 - $10 gift certificates
- Photographer Kelly Dishnow who has donated a1 hour photo shoot
- Hillers Markets has donated a $25 Gift Card
- badges to all of the following conventions:
ConVocation, Midwest Media Expo, Youmacon, and Great Lakes Fur Con
- and a host of surprises not listed here, some from as far away as South Africa
It is not too late to make a donation if you wish to help the cause. They are accepting them on Saturday, February 1st, between 4:00pm and 5:30 pm at the bookstore. There you will find the one hardest working men in the Pagan community when it comes to making this event happen, Ted Ursus. Give him a pat on the back when you see him.
Let's look at some of the sponsors:
- Midwest Media Expo
- Detroit Kung Fu Academy
- Tom Smith: http://tomsmith.bandcamp.com
- K3 Creations: Art & Adornment
- Knitwit Creations
- Needle's Knits
- SJ Tucker
- The Witches' Kitchen
- Boheme Tribal Belly Dance
- Following Your Heart Players
- Mystic Moon LLC
- Great Lakes Fur Con
- Lindie Lila
- Heather Dale
- The Smokey Crystal LLC
- Guild House Classic
- Crazy Wisdom Bookstore and Tearoom
- Black Ace Productions
- Dark Candles
- Cindy Spencer Pape Books
- The Butterfly & The Phoenix
- and more that are still coming
Please be advised, those who are not familiar with Cards Against Humanity should note that this game is strictly for ages 18 and up. Mature subject matter and subjectively offensive humor are part of the game. Do not bring the children.
Want to get a taste of how funny and offensive this game could be by listening to the official Cards Against Humanity theme song MP3 by the Doubleclicks, "A Good Game of Cards". Listener discretion advised.
You can get in touch with Off The Beaten Path Books by telephoning (248) 987-6055. Why not stop by on one of their other nights also to browse, or maybe participate in their Craft Night.