There are millions of beauty remedies and secrets to choose from to cure just about everything. Getting one to work is a whole other story. Creating a natural beauty treatment that works and fights an itchy scalp will give one a lot of relief.
Winters are harsh on skin and your scalp is just another area no one really thinks of when it comes to dryness. There are plenty of shampoos out there that claim this and that but you may still be left with an itch that is maddening and depending upon where you are or whom you are with can also be embarrassing.
Dry scalps can occur whether or not you are prone to or already have dandruff. The two may and may not be associated. So let’s put together a few ingredients that you would swear should be on a dinner salad that works magic on an itchy scalp.
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 cup of white vinegar
- Dampen your head lightly and massage in the olive oil. Make sure you get to the scalp and not just rub the oil over your hair.
- Wrap your scalp with a piece of saran wrap and let the oil sit for about 10 minutes.
- Then shampoo your hair as usual to remove all the oil and towel dry well.
- Stand over a sink and now pour the cup of white vinegar over your head making sure the entire scalp gets wet from the vinegar and let it remain on your head for 2 minutes.
- Rinse your hair and head rubbing lightly with your hands to remove most of the vinegar and towel dry again.
- Your hair will have a light vinegar smell for a while but you will get instant relief from the itching as soon as this process is applied.
- Wait a few hours or until your hair and scalp are completely dry before shampooing again. Be sure to rinse your hair thoroughly to get all the soap out so you don’t leave behind soap residue which can contribute to a dry scalp.
- Shampoos leave behind a build up on your hair and it is a good idea to switch shampoos every month or two. Purchase two brands you like and swap them out every few weeks to prevent that build up on your hair.
- It is also a good idea to put a comb or brush through your hair before you go to bed. This is another way to stimulate the scalp.
Stop the itch with a beauty treatment dressing and walk around with a healthy scalp!
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another news or health story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Healthy Living Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: