MSC Cruise Line is no stranger to the American cruiser, but they have never had a ship stationed anywhere in the USA year round. This changed in November 2013 when they brought their latest ship, the "Divina" to the port of Miami to sail year round.
The MSC Divina was christened by the famous actress 'Sophie Loren' and sailed in Europe until it's deployment to the America's in November 2013. At 139,400-tons, carrying 3500 passengers it is presently the largest ship in MSC Cruise Lines fleet, and will ply the waters of the Caribbean on 7-day Eastern and Western cruises.
Here are some statistics of the 'Divina'.
1. While this cruise line is based in Geneva, the MSC Divina will use English as the official language on board
2. Smoking will only be allowed in the cigar-lounge and on the port-side pool deck
3. A wide variety of accommodations range from inside, ocean view, balcony and suite staterooms.
4. Dining will feature American menus, traditional American breakfast foods, beer and international cuisine. Top dining venues include the Galaxy Supper Club, and two speciality restaurants 'The Italia' and the 'Manzo Steak House' which are in the EATALY Marketplace. Kids also have their own menus onboard.
5.The Pools and Spa are on deck 14 which also has an inside pool with a sliding roof; on deck 15 is a 'infinity garden pool' overlooking the ship's wake, and a waterslide that stretches from deck 15 to deck 18. In the SPA besides the full line of treatment rooms, there is a fitness center where you can enjoy the ocean views as you exercise; a sauna; steam room; and adults-only Solariums.
6. The "kids club" divides the kids according to age groups starting with the 3 - 6 year olds and going up to the teen years - they have the opportunity to purchase special teenage spa packages. There is also 'baby time' for parents and the little ones from 10 - 36 months.
7. A highlight of the many on-board activities, which includes demonstrations and wine-tastings, is the new aqua cycling by Flywheel with 20 spinning bikes in the pool. There is also a large outdoor movie screen above the pool deck for production shows, and English TV programs in the staterooms.
Two of the special highlights of the MSC Divinia are: (a) The excluisive MSC Yacht Club whose luxury suites have Butler service, private lounge, restaurant, pool, and bar with complimentary wines and spirits; and (b) the Sophia Loren Royal Suite designed by the screen actress herself.
With the start of the sesaon, in the Caribbean, the MSC Divina is offering 2-for-1 fares on special selected itineraries. Contact your favourite travel agent, or send your request to me at email@example.com.