Every now and then you want a salad with a dressing that isn’t too tart, thick or spicy. Adding sour cream to the cruet is just the thing to bring a calming flavor to your salad. This lighter version of a thick and creamy dressing is just the recipe you may have been looking for. It takes almost no effort to create and you know just how long it has been on your shelf unlike the bottles at the supermarket that are expensive and full of preservatives.
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- Mix all ingredients together without the mayonnaise.
- When well combined; incorporate the mayonnaise in gently till completely mixed.
- Store in air tight containers and keep refrigerated.
- Never leave dressing out too long, overnight or in direct sun. Dressings contain mayonnaise and they will spoil if left out.
© 2014 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
Never miss another recipe, cooking tip or news story again! Subscribe to Beverly Mucha @ Jackson Cooking Examiner and receive a free notification every time something new is published.
More reading topics from this author: