Having a big gathering anytime soon? Then this little appetizer recipe is perfect to serve. The fact that they cook in a crock pot is a plus. A lot less fuss and while these tasty meatballs are cooking you can be getting the rest of the appetizers and dinner entrees ready leaving the stove top and oven free. It takes a little bit of the grape through wine and jelly to set the flavor for these meatballs. It may sound a bit odd but the mixture is nothing that you have tasted before. Neither of these ingredients stand out alone when tasting the meatballs. They are the ideal appetizer for a large crowd.
- 2 (15 ounce) bottles of spicy ketchup
- 2 cups of blackberry wine
- 2 (12 ounce) jars of grape jelly
- 2 pounds of frozen precooked meatballs
- Heat the ketchup, wine and jelly in the crock pot on high.
- Once the mixture is hot, add the meatballs and stir to coat all the meatballs.
- Cover the pot and cook on high for 4-6 hours.
- Transfer meatballs to a serving platter and party!
- For a less potent party meatball batch use 1 cup of wine with 1 cup of water.
- To spice these party meatballs a little more just add a little hot sauce over individual servings.
- This appetizer recipe can serve up to 20 people.
- Make sure there are plenty of napkins and toothpicks handy for your guests.
© 2013 Beverly Mucha / All Rights Reserved
More reading topics from this author:
Find more recipes and cooking tips with easy step-by-step instructions visit me at Jackson Cooking Examiner. For fun, crafty, holiday, events, tips and tricks and education stories to enjoy join me at Home and Living Examiner. Interested in health issues, recalls, medical conditions and tips and tricks for a healthier lifestyle follow me to Healthy Living Examiner. Looking for celebrity news, scoops, pop culture, events, attractions and entertainment stories follow the Jackson Celebrity Examiner.