Are you quick, smart and love to take risks? Then guess what? YOU are an entrepreneur. Even if you work for a company and get a paycheck put safely in your account every week or two, YOU are an entrepreneur.
Here is a list of what you need to remember as an entrepreneur:
- Empathy works: Take a moment and place yourself in another person’s shoes. Just for a brief minute. Tell them you appreciate them. It works.
- Emotions rule: Boil down what you are feeling to the three basic emotions; you are wither glad, sad, or mad. Research shows that we have “.5 of a second” to decide which emotion we will let rule us.
- Check the triggers: We keep safe from danger when our brain tells us to “fight, flee, or freeze.” We need to distinguish the real fear of a tiger chasing us from an investor wanting to take our money. We need to do this again is split seconds.
- The Way OUT: When we are in a business stew and not sure what to do here is the way OUT. You need to OBSERVE your own behavior, UNDERSTAND it is often fear based and then TRANSFORM it to be in charge of reactions not led by them.
- Remember to Exhale: When we are stressed we are in battle ready mode and forget to breathe. The more oxygen to the brain, the better the chances of making the right decision.
These tips help busy and creative entrepreneurs remain happy and healthy. The more you can stay calm, cool, and collected, the more your employees and clients will hang with you. You can find more about The OUT Technique ™ in award winning book “Don’t Bring It to Work”.