A lil' bit of Milwaukee Soul, Part 4: Parkview Cafe

Fried Chicken
Fried Chicken
C. Logarakis

Comments

• Kim 5 years ago

You made me really hungry...

• ChuckL 5 years ago

I'm putting this spot on my list of lunch options now. Thanks!

• MARY 5 years ago

WOW!
    This place sounds great!!!!
    I LOVE fried chicken. Kind of a scary neighborhood, but I bet it's okay in the daytime, right??? Obvously you weren't afraid to go there!

• Horsielover 5 years ago

My friend John has been there for breakfast and told me he's ready to try their dinners. My son Jim has also been there a number of times for breakfast and he too is looking forward to trying the rest of the menu. Hard to believe it but over 50 years ago this diner location served some unusual French specialities. Good know that good food is still dished up here.

• Horsielover 5 years ago

• cjucoder 5 years ago

I need to take my dad and his wife here. Sounds like a gem.

• MKEethnicRestaurants 5 years ago

Mary -

While it was light out when I went there (Yay, summer!), and my companions and I were the only white faces in the place, I had no qualms about being there. No one stared, whispered, badmouthed us, or treated us any differently.
    No alcohol is served there, which eliminates a lot of problems, IMO. There's also not much around there, because the park is there. The street in that section of town was pretty quiet.
    Unfortunately, Milwaukee is one of the most racially segregated cities in the U.S., and just asking that question reinforces that. People need to get over it.
    Bonding over terrific food - I can think of no better way to cross barriers. :)

• susanews 5 years ago

I wish I could go right now! It sounds great!

• Milwaukee Visitor 3 years ago

I pride myself in finding local gems when I am away on business. Great place, big servings. The cobbler was great although a little to sweet. fried chicken was GREAT. The place looks like a dive, and is well worn, torn stools etc. These are exactly the kind of places I love to find! In tems of the neighborhood - a little on the seedy side, but no worse then then where Bungalow or Speed Queen is -two other GREAT places for soul food. Speed Queen is incredible for BBQ! I always like to try places that I cannot get at home!