While visitors to New York tend to congregate at the cluster of hotels near Times Square, savvy travelers know that some of the best rates can be found just one train stop across the river from Manhattan.
Discounted winter rates at Brooklyn’s King & Grove hotel make an overnight escape so affordable that even locals may be tempted to book a room. Explore the hip Williamsburg neighborhood -- without worrying about catching a late-night cab home – with a $185 package that includes an overnight stay and a $100 dining credit.
This suggested itinerary will help you make the most of your Williamsburg escape:
- Check into the 4-star King & Grove to drop off your bag and begin a relaxing evening.
- Downstairs, use your $100 dining credit at the hotel’s top-rated restaurant, The Elm. Named one of Esquire Magazine's Best New Restaurants in America, The Elm serves savory dishes like steak tartare and lobster cassoulet.
- Post-dinner, head into the neighborhood to explore the thriving nightlife scene. Catch a concert at Music Hall of Williamsburg or the Knitting Factory, or just wander the streets to find a bar that fits your taste, whether it’s a cozy craft cocktail lounge or a cavernous beer hall.
- End the evening with a night cap at the hotel’s covered rooftop lounge, which boasts sweeping views of the Manhattan skyline.
- After a restful night’s sleep, head out for more neighborhood exploration. Check off Christmas shopping at mom-and-pop vintage stores and hip boutiques, many centered at the Williamsburg Mini Mall.
- When you’re ready for a break from shopping, head a block from the hotel to Brooklyn Brewery. The brewery offers free tours on Saturdays and Sundays. On Sundays, SmorgasBrewery has a lineup of food vendors in the tasting room selling everything from oysters to cupcakes.