Have you been looking for a Halloween dessert that is made for you and not your kids. Then try this Orange beer sorbet with a stout beer caramel sauce. It is a recipe that you are going to want to try over and over again.
Orange Beer Sorbet Recipe
- 4 cups chopped and peeled oranges
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 2 cups beer (a pale ale with citrus works well here try Red Brick Pale Ale)
How to make it
- Put a saucepan over medium high-heat and add the oranges and the sugar. Then macerate the oranges and until combined with sugar. Allow the mixture to come to a boil. Then stir the mixture until all the oranges have broken down.
- Remove saucepan from heat and stir in the beer and then allow to cool.
- Place the orange mixture in the fridge until cool for about 2 hours.
- Place mixture into a ice cream maker and place into freezer.
Stout Beer Caramel Sauce
- 1 bottle of your favorite 12 oz. stout beer (try a Guinness Stout beer)
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cups packed dark brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/8 tsp salt
How to make it
- In a large saucepan simmer the stout beer over medium heat for around 10 minutes and stir occasionally. Stir in the butter and brown sugar and cook for around 12 minutes to around 235 degrees.
- Remove the saucepan from heat and slowly add whipping cream, vanilla, and salt. Stir constantly and put back on to medium heat for around 5 minutes until mixture is thick and creamy. Cool the mixture for around 2 hours. Serve on top of sorbet.