Let’s face it, not everybody is a football fan. And while many of us might check watch the Super Bowl just for the commercials or half time, there are other ways to spend the time while the roomie, significant other or whoever else lives in your home and is glued to the tube for on this day of gridiron mania.
Here are some suggestions:
- Go to a spa—book a half-day or even day of treatments at your favorite spa (Massage Envy is everywhere and cheap; Le Jolie Medi-Spa in Studio City, California is always open and there are plenty of spa listings on line.
- Go to the gym—get some exercise. If you don’t belong to a gym sign up now (Crunch is a good option).
- Take a hike if you live in Los Angeles there are plenty of canyons and hills to trek through.
- Clean out your closets, if you’ve been putting off such household chores Super Bowl Sunday’s a good day to dig in and you can always stop to watch the commercials (many of which were filmed in Los Angeles by the way). While you’re at weed out all the outfits you never wear and put them in a box or bag to donate to a good cause.
- Read a book (a novel idea).
- Offer to serve the snacks and drinks. This will keep you busy and you’ll be able to check out all those clever commercials while you’re at it. You might want to be by the tube to catch Bruna Mars who is headlining the half time show.
- Whatever you do, don’t interrupt viewers during the action, they hate that.